Authorized User with certain Permissions/View Access to Account [edited] (6 Merged Votes)

Comments

• Ditto...major oversight and a deal breaker... I'm a new subscriber to the service, however, I am one hundred percent sure that I will revoke my subscription unless if I see this functionality enabled in the very near future. To the developers: Please keep in mind that a correct solution involves synchronization between dual operating systems. This is essential. In my case, I use Android and my wife uses iOS.
  • markb
    markb Member ✭✭
    Sharing a password in a marital situation is easy enough with a good password manager (bitwarden, 1password) but with SMS pretending to be a multi-factor solution you can't really use that effectively. Properly implementing support for TOTP or (better yet) U2F with hardware security keys (Titan, Yubikey, etc) would be a much better option.  (Note: with the latter you'd have to support *MULTIPLE* keys per account to make it work.)

This doesn't solve the other scenarios where you'd want a less privileged user, but it does at least help in a marital situation where you want equal access but still stay secure.
  • We need this feature 
  • Mrsterry
    Mrsterry Member ✭✭
    Agree! 
  • This feature would be superbly helpful
  • Will
    Will Member
    Yes please. This is really bizarre and a competitive disadvantage for this app. I don't even need RBAC. I just would like two MVP pieces of functionality:

1. add/delete authorized users
    2. sync accounts from the SAME bank owned by different authorized users. 

Product owners, you need a vision for long term use of your product. When people hit stages of life where they have partners and possibly even children, neglecting this feature is essentially building an off ramp for many of your customers long term. You should select this feature for development ASAP. 
  • My spouse and I manage our accounts jointly. I'll like to be able to invite my spouse to my existing Simplifi account so we can manage our finances as a household without him registering for a different account. I'm the main family account manager for my home. I set up all the accounts. If we have 2 Simplifi accounts info will be duplicated.

One can even invite a financial planner or advisor as a guest on one's account.

Monarch Money - www.monarchmoney.com has this feature. You can add multiple members of your household to your account for free.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this feature soon.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news.  Looking forward to seeing how this one works when it does appear.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong (or at least you can try to correct me :o:) ), but logging into Simplifi is not the same a logging into my actual financial institutions.  For my wife to log into our Simplifi account from her phone gives her access to Simplifi only.  Simplifi, through their aggregation partner, uses Express Web Connect which is a one-way connection and data is imported into Simplifi, but Simplifi cannot affect transactions or balances in any way.  There is an article explaining this here.  Again, I'm not sure why it's a problem for my spouse and I to use the same logon credentials for Simplifi.

I can see where having authorized users with the ability to set specific authorizations to see certain data can be useful especially if you have kids and doing financial teaching.  But I don't see how sharing login credentials with my spouse is a security issue with using Simplifi.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • @Coach Natalie New Simplify user here and I find it astounding that in 2022 you guys haven't added support for couples to jointly manage their finances. Having to share one login is just plain dumb. I'm surprised this wasn't a feature requirement at the outset. It's like you assume everyone is single. Happy that this seems now to be taken seriously. But how long must we wait for this? If not released by later this year then I will be looking elsewhere.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DannyB

I think this is more of a perceived security thing than an actual security thing.  People like to feel in control of their digital presence & especially their finances and this feature would make them more comfortable.  Liking to feel in control of their finances is even more true for anyone who is going to take the time to use a software such as Simplifi. 

Based on the article link you shared, you're right that I can't initiate any changes to my bank accounts FROM Simplifi; to schedule a transfer, I have to log into my bank account.

The only time you really need to even enter my Simplifi U/P is when you're logging into the app for the first time and this happens rarely.

My spouse and I share a single login and - having a few more months of use under my belt - I don't see this as a big deal.  Agree with you that having authorized users with the ability to set specific authorizations to see certain data could be useful.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • mbertram81
    mbertram81 Member
    Look forward to seeing this functionality rolled out.
  • Any movement on this?  I just joined and am disappointed to find the ability to have multiple users on a single account isn't an option.  We'll see if my 30 day trial hooks me or if this is a deal breaker.
  • Any movement on this?  I just joined and am disappointed to find the ability to have multiple users on a single account isn't an option.  We'll see if my 30 day trial hooks me or if this is a deal breaker.
  • MaceWindu
    MaceWindu Unconfirmed, Member
    Hello All, Brand new Simplifi user (4 hours ago) and I'm wanting my wife to have access to the same account but with her own id/pswd.....so there is a log of who changed what and when.  I'm shocked that a seasoned company (Quicken) did not see this need in V1.0....so this begs the question, does Simplifi ever respond back to us with feedback on our 'Christmas Wish List'??  something like "Great feedback and based on the other requests we have, we anticipate this feature will be available in September 2022"   ...or something to that effect . I'm impressed with the tool so far (and I was a longtime Quicken user until 4-5 years ago).
  • please consider this comment an upvote. Also, as I told the automated bot, I would very much appreciate it if you could give us two upvotes (as this would be requested by me and my spouse - two people). I understand that upvotes are valuable, but, given that we have been paying customers (non-users) for 2 years now, we hope you will be willing to make an exception, and grant us two upvotes.
  • My spouse and I treat each other as equals. As such, we would both like to have access to view our financial picture. Please make it so we are both able to access our Simplifi account from our own log-ins.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got notice voting was open on this again, I thought we didn't need to vote because they were now working on this feature.

I could potentially use this feature as well, there is at least 1 person I trust that I would like to have the ability to keep an eye on my spending.  I'm not super concerned about limiting them to read only (as I trust they wouldn't do damage), but that might be a peace of mind thing.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 2022
    Sorry for the confusion, @RobWilk!

We've been having some issues with the Community, and with Idea posts specifically, so we were doing some testing. It looks like the status of this particular post is not showing, however, this Idea should definitely be statused as "In Progress". 

If you see any other issues with Ideas or other posts in the Community, please let us know here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3432/community-post-bug#latest :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • luke
    luke Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    @Coach Natalie
    What's the latest on rolling out this feature?  Your competitor [removed] has offered this from day one.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    @luke I took a free trial on the 'removed' software mentioned, and I cancelled it within 10 minutes (not paying anything).   For one, it's twice the price - and money management software is supposed to help you conserve money.  For another, the credit card i use primarily right now (that changes with time) was not available for syncing with them (the bank was listed, but it said the connection was down, and i couldn't create an account based on that bank unless i created a manual account - with no indication of progress towards restoration).  Another account after i entered username and password it just gave me the spinning 'please wait' icon while it 'authorized' but never seemed to finish. The one reason i was interested in that other software, though, is that it had a net worth over time chart, which simplifi may have once had and badly needs.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Thanks for reaching out, @luke!

The latest update on this feature request was provided above on April 27th (click here). Once a new update or ETA becomes available, we'll be sure to let everyone know. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hopefully this feature request is in development or in queue.
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    WOULD LOVE THIS!!!!!
  • It's almost September 2022 and this request has been open since 2019. Come on.
  • Plus one for this clearly necessary feature!
  • I would really like to have this feature. How do I upvote?
This discussion has been closed.