#TipTuesday: Using Reports to see where you stand for the year

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited February 2022 in Using Reports
Curious to see where you stand at the end of 2021 as you prepare and plan for a new year? Well, look no further -- Simplifi's Reports have got you covered!

Whether you're looking to see how your savings has grown throughout the year, or how your net income fluctuates month-to-month, or even if you just want to see your top areas of spending for the year, Simplifi offers a wide variety of Report options to meet your needs. 

Most of the Reports can be customized with a specific date range, can be broken down and viewed by certain criteria, as well as filtered to view just the items that you'd like to see. Please be sure to check out our Support Article here for more details on using Reports in Simplifi!

Please also let us know how you use Reports in Simplifi! We'd love to hear your feedback on how the data helps you determine where you stand financially, as well as how to better plan for the future.

Comments

• Jonathan
    Jonathan Member
    I’m using the web based version on an ipad. The reporting filters are adequately detailed for my use, but as I can’t print filtered reports under that tab, I have to use export filtered data (usually by account/category/date and occasionally also by tag as well) to excel and then print the report or email as attachment. As far as I can figure out at present, under export I can filter data by category and account, but I can’t filter by date. Please advise.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Jonathan,

Thanks for posting!

It looks like the transaction export goes to a CSV file, which you should then be able to perform a custom sort on within the program that you open the file with (Excel or similar). I was able to export my transactions and used the custom sort within Excel to sort by 'posted on', and it seemed to put everything in chronological order in the spreadsheet. 

Hopefully this helps accomplish what you're looking for, however, I would definitely suggest adding your vote here for the ability to download or print Reports: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/323/ability-to-download-or-print-reports-edited/p1?new=1

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.