End of year archive/processing (edited)

rickthau
rickthau Member ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Feature Requests
when using Simplifi for multiple years, keeping all the old transactions slows the system down quite noticeably... many financial record keeping apps have an end of year process that archives the old transactions and allows the balances going forward to be correct... Quicken used to do this in the application.
9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• rickthau
    rickthau Member ✭✭
    the old year transactions stay and cause things to slow down... should be a way to close one year and then start a new one without setting up all your accounts AGAIN
  • rickthau
    rickthau Member ✭✭
    just started another discussion on same topic... many applications provide this capability...
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @rickthau,

Thanks for the feedback!

I apologize that we don't currently offer this ability and that there hasn't been any kind of update on this request. The only thing that I can suggest for this is to delete the older transactions, however, I don't imagine this being a viable solution as it would permanently remove your historical data.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer, but please be sure to continue following along here for future updates. Also, hopefully bumping this request to the top will get it some votes! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • asubbaiyanprof
    asubbaiyanprof Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie,  may I suggest an option is to provide an opportunity for the end-user to prefer the date range  such as Load 2019,2020,2021, etc.,

• IndyMx5
    IndyMx5 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

I came across this today as my wife and I are tightening our budget.

My kids have gone off to college in the past four years. Tracking their "mowing the grass", "feeding the dogs, and "kids activities" is no longer relevant.

Idea: a solution I will pursue is to roll up the categories into a parent. While this reduces the resolution of the transactions, it's common with large data sets.