Option to add ticker symbols manually

Options
brian.marturana
brian.marturana Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I have 3 funds in my Fidelity account that do not pull ticker symbols, and therefore do not pull any data into Simplifi. They are basic index funds, and I know the ticker symbols. There should be some way to manually enter the symbols if the system doesn't automatically detect them, so that data starts populating.

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @brian.marturana, this is a great suggestion. Thank you for your feedback!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• brian.marturana
    Options

I'd love to see this implemented. Currently Simplifi pulls in my Fidelity accounts but does not correctly pull in the ticker symbols for the funds I am invested in. They are basic Fidelity funds, and it would be very beneficial if I could enter the ticker myself so that Simplifi can start pulling in the daily market values for those funds. As of now it pulls no market values in.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@brian.marturana, have you tried reporting the issue you're seeing with your Fidelity holdings to see if it can be escalated and potentially fixed?

-Coach Natalie

• johnnyjoesifer
    Options

I am having this same problem. My accounts show the name of the fund but do not actually link to the ticker symbol correctly, which removes all benefits that come with directly linking to funds. Further, these can't be manually edited so I can't even fix the problem!

• WinstonTeracina
    WinstonTeracina Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Unless I'm not understanding the issue you are all having, does this functionality not already exist? Below is a screenshot of a manual account I've created (a Fidelity Roth IRA) that is unable to connect to Simplifi. I've added my three ETFs as manual holdings by searching for the ticker symcol and Simplifi correctly updates the Price, Value and 1-day changes without issue. Are those that are having this issue adding mutual funds as opposed to ETFs? Curious what ticker symbols you are all using.