Save account selections on "Bills & Payments > Cash Flow" page [edited] (6 Merged Votes)

abletown2216
abletown2216 Member
edited March 22 in Feature Requests

This is my favorite part of the app. I'd like to be able to filter it so it only shows my main checking account in the forecast and have it remember that filter. Currently every time I open it in Upcoming I have to uncheck all the other accounts to get back to the one I want to see.

Also, a dashboard tile and access to this feature in the android app would be great.

71 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• EAW
    EAW Member
    Absolutely true. There is no reason to have to deselect each time. Right now you need to filter out illiquid assets (e.g., real estate), retirement funds, and other things that you cannot readily tap to pay monthly expenses.

• JChaps
    JChaps Member
    Agree on multiple fronts.

Cash Flow forecast of my primary checking account is a killer feature, but I don't feel forecasting all of my other accounts is as necessary (at least not regularly).

Would love to also see a Cash Flow dashboard tile for the line chart.
  • Anonymous_Stranger
    Anonymous_Stranger Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    It is annoying to have to unselect all but my checking account when I go to Cash flow every day. Please let me save my account selections on this page.
    Simplifi - Upcoming (simplifimoney.com)
  • dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    In the "Upcoming" section, please make the Cashflow either remember the last selection of accounts or have a way to set a default. 

I primarily use this feature to determine if future bills will cause my Checking Account to be overdrawn.  With the current configuration I have to deselect several accounts every time I leave the page and come back to it.

Thank you
  • Apple1129
    Apple1129 Member
    Unless I’m doing something wrong, every time I go to cash flow I have to keep unchecking accounts I don’t want to include. It should save my preference of which accounts I want to include. 

I have multiple accounts that are irrelevant to me when I check my cash flow regularly. Even just toggling back and forth in one session I have to keep unchecking all the accounts every time I go back. 
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I select Upcoming>Cash Flow the graph defaults to showing ALL accounts which results in a not so useful graph (see 1st screen shot below).  I have to go through the list of accounts and uncheck accounts that I don't need to see in the cash flow graph so that the graph becomes useful (See 2nd screen shot below). 

Is there a way to set which accounts I want to see without having to redo that selection whenever I want to check out cash flow. 

If not, can this be something that gets added to the cash flow graph page?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not something i need now, but i voted for it because I plan to need it soon.  (In December my savings was wiped out, I'm starting to build it up again but if my savings is in the tens of thousands [like it was], it will make the rest of my account activity difficult to read as seen on the first chart).

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobWilk I created asset accounts for our home and a few other high value assets and these are included in the cash flow graph by default.  Good thing brokerage and investment aren't included in the cash flow graph data set.  Instead of defaulting to all accounts that Simplifi wants to include for this graph I'd rather it left all unchecked by default and then let the user select which accounts to include an remember those.
    Danny
  • Send513
    Send513 Member
    Keep cash flow selections as selected the last time CF was looked at. Don't make me uncheck things every time!
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will go one step further and request that a cash flow chart be added that shows combined accounts on one line.  I would like to select my checking accounts, my active credit card accounts and have the data from all selected accounts aggregated and produce a graph that shows my total and actual cash flow. This would be a separate graph form what is current available.  In the graph below the solid line is current month and the dotted line is pervious month. 

Danny
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

There is no cash flow associated with my property value, and as such it should not be included as an option in the [Projected Cash Flow].

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Voted up, because this inspired me to list my vehicle as property in Simplifi (unclear why, but i saw it was an option) and I, too, may not really see the vehicle as something that should be on the cash flow chart (unless there was a way to depreciate it). I -do- think this should be in net worth report (optionally) though.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

To clarify, since Simplifi doesn't offer a Cash Flow Report, are you referring to the Projected Cash Flow feature (I edited the Idea assuming so)? If so, are you referring to the Cash Flow graph displayed in the Upcoming section's Cash Flow tab specifically? If yes, are you just looking to not have Property Accounts listed here as selectable accounts? Or do you want them to be deselected by default?

The more information you can provide when submitting a feature request, the better. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Since this is a cash flow graph and not a net worth graph, and since there is no cash flow associated with property value, I don't see any reason to have this as an option.

Anthony Bopp

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajbopp Property changes value, such as blue book values of cars….But typically you don't know that in advance.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@RobWilk Property value changes are not cash flow, any more than stock value prices are cash flow. Selling and buying property is part of cash flow, but I can't spend a dime extra just because my property is worth $500 more this month than last month.

Anthony Bopp

• Seems like an old thread, but having the system save your selections of which accounts should be included in the Cash Flow projection would be very, very helpful. I've been using the system for about a week, and I'm already tired of deselecting my home, vehicle, and other non-cash accounts. I only need checking and my bank's money market, and not the 15-20 other accounts. Would be a big efficiency improvement… Upvoted…

• Beltifi
    Beltifi Member ✭✭

Guess I’m gonna have to campaign for this feature as well in Reddit to move this along. Because this is a must have for me now in order to stop using my spreadsheet.

I don’t understand why I have to manually switch to one account for the correct cash flow. I only use my checking account. All the other accounts that you guys showed is useless to me as far as Cash flow. Like, why would I use my mortgage or student loan as a cash flow?

If you want to keep these as an option, fine, but at least give us the ability to save one account(s) to monitor our cash flow.

• Hooey
    Hooey Member

Yes, please! I posted in Reddit before I was aware of this thread. Everything that makes Simplifi more cumbersome to use (like not being able to save display choices) I would think drives more users to look for other solutions.

• wgn_luv
    wgn_luv Member

I only care about cash flow for a couple of my checking/savings accounts. It would be nice to not have to unselect a bunch of accounts to look at what I want.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Etch44
    Etch44 Member ✭✭

As I'm reading this thread after unchecking all of my accounts that shouldn't be shown in this screen, Simplifi refreshed itself and RE-CHECKED ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS right in front of my eyes! This is beyond annoying. This screen is completely useless when anything more than my checking account is selected. I'd prefer it default to everything unchecked. It would be much more functional. You could put a "check all" box at the top for the rare individual that needs that.

• xnn7
    xnn7 Member

Just jumping in to say I came to the community feedback section to suggest this feature if it had not already been suggested! I love cash flow but it should 100% be saving my selections and not making me uncheck a million irrelevant accounts each time. I would love to just see the projected cash flow of the accounts I care about whenever I visit that page!

• coltrane
    coltrane Unconfirmed, Member

At least in my case, those numbers are so much larger than my other accounts that they force all the other accounts to one line on the graph.

Mint User Since The Stone Age

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9

Your request already exists. Vote for it below. With more votes, the chances for consideration rise.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22

At least part of this request has already been submitted. Add your vote here!

[removed link to merged thread]

Anthony Bopp

• This is annoying on the app and the website. I love the cash flow features, but just a few small fixable things are holding it back from its great potential.

• denlap80
    denlap80 Member

100% agree—this is the biggest "ask" that I have for Simplifi…I'd love to have a same-as-last view by default. Curious why this isn't on the radar?

• Bread01
    Bread01 Member ✭✭

I don't use the cash flow page, but the fact that users have to "ask" for such basic and expected functionality of the cash flow page is shocking and tells me that no one at this company actually uses this feature of their own product. I'll upvote this because customers deserve better.

Simplifi User Since February 2024

Mint User Since 2011

User Type: Monitor Net Income and Grow Net Worth