Simplifi: Multiple Spaces with Same ID/Email Address

AlbFer
AlbFer Member
edited September 20 in Getting Started

I manage my own finances and those of my elderly father. I would like to do both within Simplifi. My father hasn't touched a computer in many year and has no email address. I was hoping that I could have, within my ID/Email Address, a Space for my own finances and a separate Space for his. I would, of course, pay for his account as a separate one, but I wonder if I can simply log into Simplifi with my ID and then manage whoever's finances I'm working on by choosing the appropriate Space. Is that possible? to be clear, this is not about Space Sharing (I'm not trying to share my Space with my father or anyone else, I'm trying to have two completely separate Spaces with their own accounts and transactions and financial institutions within one ID/Email Address).

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @AlbFer,

Thanks for reaching out! Your father would definitely be able to share his data with you, however, he would need his own Quicken Simplifi account first. You would then be able to switch between that shared space and your own. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6443103-how-to-share-your-quicken-simplifi-data

Additionally, we also have this idea post you may be interested in voting for:

I hope this information helps!

-Coach Jon

• AlbFer
    AlbFer Member

So, to be clear, the answer is "no, you can't have two Spaces under one ID/Email Address." My father would need his own ID. Which means that he would need his own email address (he doesn't use a computer, much less email). Correct?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited August 19

Hello @AlbFer,

Yes, your father would need his own credentials. The idea post I shared would allow for multiple spaces under one subscription, so I would definitely vote for that idea if that is what you want!

Hope this helps,

Coach Jon

• AlbFer
    AlbFer Member

Voted! But only 12 upvotes… Won't hold my breath! 😁

Thanks.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlbFer

This is roughly the situation that I found myself in for awhile - when a parent was in an accident and I took over their finances. You can’t set up a second sub-account under your own primary Simplifi account. You’ll have purchase a second, separate Simplifi account. But, once you do it is super easy and convenient to use Shared Spaces to link two separate, paid accounts together; yours and your parent’s.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlbFer

Do you have more than one email address yourself? You could use one of your email addresses and your dad's details to create a Quicken account for him then proceed as @Flopbot suggests.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.