Split transaction across months

v4run9
v4run9 Member
edited October 8 in Feedback

I’d like to be able to split certain transactions across months. For example, I pay for two months of health insurance at a time and would like to split the amount across two dates/months. My electricity provider also bills me for 2 months at a time and I’d like to split the amount across two months. Current workaround solution for this is modifying the amount of an existing transaction and manually adding another one for the 2nd month.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If yu add s date to each split line, i feel like they should rename the app to Quicken Complicate.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the most popular feature requests, which will accomplish what you want if implemented.

Vote for it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@v4run9

While you wait for this feature to become available, here is a suggestion you can try out for now to accomplish the same outcome.

Instead of setting these bills up as recurring set them up as Planned Spending categories with rollover turned on for each one and make the monthly planned amount equal to 1/2 of the total due when they are paid.

This way you will have the bills accounted for monthly and will be covered when the expense is incurred every other month.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Great idea! Please let us know if this work around helps you.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.