Creating Reports / Using Tags

htc630
htc630 Member ✭✭
edited September 9 in Using Reports

Hi all - curious if there's any way to look at certain reports (e.g. Net Income) excluding certain tags. My family just moved and I want to look at a report that excludes these moving expenses (which includes one-time things like buying furniture, etc.). I have them tagged as Moving Expenses but can't create a report that excludes them. The closest I can get is using all tags except Moving Expenses, but that requires me to code every other line item with a tag, which doesn't make sense.

Any better ideas? I welcome them!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9 Answer ✓

I will flag the transactions with the Moving Expenses using one of the flag colors. Then, you can run a report filtered with flag = none. In that way, you will get a report excluding transactions with Moving Expenses tag.

Flags can be applied with transaction multi edit. Filter the transactions with tag = Moving Expenses and apply the flag color of your choice.

It is a workaround as there is currently no filter option to include untagged transactions.

There is a feature request requesting a filter with the untagged option in reports. Check it out.

Add a Filter for "Untagged" (edited) — Simplifi (simplifimoney.com)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• htc630
    htc630 Member ✭✭

Thanks, I'm trying to do the multi-edit but flags aren't an option.

• htc630
    htc630 Member ✭✭

Sorry - disregard, I had to show flags in the columns before using the multi-edit function to flag them!