Wealthfront Direct indexing individual stocks

Vecozuhu
Vecozuhu Member
edited October 11 in Investments

I have multiple brokerage accounts and I really like that I can see how many stocks of an individual ticker I own across multiple brokerages.

Wealthfront has a direct indexing option. I see that I have 130 shares under Direct indexing but it doesn’t seem to know what the stocks are.

Can you check If individual stock information is available for this Direct indexing and integrate them.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Vecozuhu, thanks for posting to the Community!

I have some questions to better understand the issue:

1. Is the account in question connected to the bank, or is it a manual account?
    2. How are the holdings in question displayed on the bank's website?
    3. Is Quicken Simplifi reporting an incorrect balance for the account, or incorrect holdings values, or anything along those lines?
    4. How is the way Quicken Simplifi displays the information in question impacting your ability to use the program?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Hi Natalie -

1. It is connected to a brokerage/bank called Wealthfront
    2. If I go to Wealthfront and expand the US Direct Indexing section I can see the individual holdings inside it. Screenshot attached.
    3. Simplifi is showing correct balances for the account
    4. I was just wondering if Simplifi can read the individual holdings under US Direct Indexing and combine them with the stock holdings.
      1. For example I hold 20 shares of GOOG in Robinhood and as per the screenshot I have 14 shares of GOOG in Wealthfront under US Direct Indexing. If I look at how many shares of GOOG appear in investments screen I only see 20 shares and it does not include the number of GOOG shares under US Direct Indexing.

I hope that clarifies what I am looking for. Thanks

• Attaching screenshot from Wealthfront

• Coach Natalie

@Vecozuhu, thanks for the reply!

I want to say that what you're seeing may be expected for Quicken Simplifi since the program is fairly limited, or basic rather, in investing abilities. However, I did reach out to our engineering team to find out for sure. If this is something we can escalate from our end, I'll be sure to post back to let you know. Otherwise, if this is the expected design, an Idea post may be your best bet.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@Vecozuhu, well, I already heard back, and it sounds like this is something we can definitely submit and research for you. To do so, we need the following additional data:

1. The name of the account the US Direct Indexing Fund is in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances. This must have a wide enough scope to show the page URL, and it needs to be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser. Feel free to redact any personal info, such as account numbers.
    3. A screenshot of all of the holdings displayed on the bank's website for the account. I think this needs to be without the drill down of the holdings under the US Direct Indexing Fund; they want to see the main holdings summary page.
    4. If the screenshot provided of the individual holdings under the US Direct Indexing Fund from the bank's website does not list all holdings under the fund, please grab a new screenshot that shows ALL of the holdings so we have the full list.
    5. If you can drill the tickers under the US Direct Indexing Fund down further to where they show a name, please send screenshots of this info as well.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Feel free to DM this info to me for privacy if you'd like. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.