Show Investment Transactions (1 Merged Vote)

jpv121
jpv121 Member
edited September 2022 in Feature Requests

It would be great to see investment transactions show up like typical banking transactions that I can classify and tag. I have portions of my paycheck deposited into an investment account and right now, that doesn't get captured in Simplifi as income. 401(k) deposits as well get missed when trying to see total monthly income.

18 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Investment Transactions are now available in Simplifi with Early Access, and will soon be available for all users!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @jpv121,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie Isn't this part of the larger update we're waiting on to Investments so we can actually see and track our investment holdings like we can in Quicken?

• Coach Natalie

Hello @bowgy4,

Thanks for the inquiry! Although this may be part of the overall changes we're considering for Investment tracking in Simplifi, I couldn't find an existing Idea post for this specific request, so I went ahead and made this post an Idea so that other Users can add their votes.

Every vote counts! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• I'm a strong vote for all of the reasons above. My cash flow is strongly tied through my investment accounts for a complete picture.

• And allow me to transfer Cash in and out of my brokerage account - for example to my checking account. 
  • ZZPSP
    ZZPSP Member
    Whom ever developed this budget program should have allowed people to customize items or override some of the strange rules.  Are you guys able install a warning "pop-up" to have flexible in a user's budget?
    • Example #1;  I have an IRA which is listed under Retirements that is under Investments in the Accounts section of Transactions or Dashboard.  If decide to transfer a small amount from my IRA to Checking or Savings...I CANNOT TRANSFER!   Why is this being restricted? 
    • Example #2;  I sell some stocks and want to move a portion or all the funds to our Checking or Savings?  I CANNOT TRANSFER!  People in the real world do these type of transactions & transfers thousands of times a day. 
    I had to move one of accounts from Investments / Brokerage to Other Asset which for some reason, falls under Property & Debt ...why is Cash considered Property?  Cash is Personal Property.  I moved the other account listed under Investments / Retirement to Other Banking.

Why did Simplifi design a program that restricts you? I would also like to change Cash & 
    Checking to just Checking under Accounts in the Dashboard and Transactions sections.  It would be nice to change, delete or add items in the Accounts dropdown menu.

Why does Simplifi restrict actions on someone's own budget?  It's not like Simplifi is regulated by the National Bank Act or the Federal Reserve Board for a user to move funds between accounts or change heading titles.  I seriously hope someone can explain why these rules, procedures and restrictions are programed in the system. 

One other issue:  I'm having problems signing on and one of the Simplifi coaches advised me, go to Simplifi.com and the other, SimplifiMoney.com. Simplifi.com does not work!  So, I go to SimplifiMoney.com & click login.  Then, the site redirects me to Signin.Quicken.com.  I enter my email for Quicken ID and then password...this is the reply: Unauthorized access. An error occurred while verifying your credentials, please try again. If you believe you have received this message in error please contact support.  I click sign-in again & it works.  I have clicked on support many times advised this is Quicken Support & you need Simplifi Support.   I've contacted support FIVE times and it is still happening.  I use Chrome.

Thanks
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 2021
    Hello @ZZPSP,

Thank you for your feedback!

In regards to the mentioned feature requests, you'll want to create a separate Idea post for each request, so that other Users can vote on them individually, and we can get an idea of how many people would like to see the feature implemented in Simplifi. More details and the steps to do so can be found here.

In regards to the reported issue, I'm going to have to ask that you also create a separate post for this. This post is an Idea post for showing investment transactions specifically, so you'll want to take up any other items on the appropriate post, or create your own if one doesn't already exist.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/

Additionally, in regards to the Other Asset option displaying under Property & Debt, this is by design, as all Asset-type accounts display under Property & Debt

We appreciate your understanding! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • lynchtessa
    lynchtessa Member
    edited June 2021
    I have a suggestion. Simplifi used to allow me to view individual transactions in my Wells Fargo checking account. This was possible because the system allowed me to connect to that account under "Banking" , NOT 'Brokerage". This capability ended at the end of May. I have tons of individual transactions in my check register, prior to the end of May, marked by me with "S", meaning "displayed in Simplifi".

I spent an hour and a half a few days ago on the phone with Simplifi and Wells Fargo. Each said that the other was the problem. My suggestion is that Simplifi techies contact their techie confreres at Wells Fargo and work it out!
  • I use an account at Fidelity that has check-writing privileges to pay bill, get pay check deposits, etc. I use this instead of a standard bank account. I need Simplifi to support transactions (and automatic categorization) within Fidelity accounts so that I can track all my spending and income. Without this I need to go back to using Mint. 
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I set up a manual cash account and chose other banking account.  Now I can do it with my Fidelity manually, but I agree it would be nice to have cash accounts tied to brokerage accounts that download automatically.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Blgeiger
    Blgeiger Member
    The investment module with the ability to record transactions in and out of investments can’t come soon enough. Without it Simplifi is more or less unusable for anyone that regularly contributes to their 401k or other retirement account from a payroll deposit. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to implement the Investment enhancements!

Although we don't have an exact ETA to provide, we are currently expecting to see Investment Transactions made available in Simplifi by the end of April. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm testing out Simplifi as well as other financial management systems. I'm coming from Quicken but looking for alternatives for various reasons. Not having transaction capabilities for investment accounts is a big mark against Simplifi in my evaluation.

I would like to up-vote adding transaction capability to investments accounts, though I can't find a way to up-vote on this forum. So please add my vote :).
  • Add my vote.  All my savings accounts are considered brokerage and the only way to get accurate income and growth reporting is to have transaction editing for them.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Member
    I understand that Quicken/Simplifi has a herculean task to  bring download/upload facility to all possible banking, investing, and general capital market accounts. However, there should be at least the facility that, when users set up regular monthly transfers to, say, a 529 college savings account, at least transactions could be entered manually. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for the feedback @Jonathan!

It sounds like you're looking for the ability to perform 'Transfers' to and from Investment accounts, which is covered here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1563/ability-to-create-ira-and-investment-transfers-edited/p1?new=1

This ability is also coming soon! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • LizM
    LizM Member
    Hi there, I, too, can't find a way to vote this up and have been checking back for status updates since March when I first tested out Simplifi, and am paying for it, but, really can't use it as I use a brokerage account as a savings account. Please provide us with an ETA for this update or I will be canceling my subscription.
  • LizM
    LizM Member
    Hi there, I, too, can't find a way to vote this up and have been checking back for status updates since March when I first tested out Simplifi, and am paying for it, but, really can't use it as I use a brokerage account as a savings account. Please provide us with an ETA for this update or I will be canceling my subscription.
  • KK_swifty
    KK_swifty Member
    Hey I can't upvote this post for some reason?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @KK_swifty,

Thanks for posting!

Since this Idea is already in progress, you won't be able to vote on it. Instead, I'd definitely suggest following along here for updates, as Investment Transactions will soon be available in Simplifi. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Hello All,

Although we apologize for the delay on this much-requested feature, we are thrilled to announce that Investment Transactions are now available for Early Access! Please see our Announcement here for more details and links to the related Support Articles. 

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.