Barclays url change?

JacobK
JacobK Member

Not an issue now, but a potential one in the future. Recently received an email from BarclaysUS saying "BarclaysUS.com will replace SecureBanking.BarclaysUS.com when you log in to your account
There is nothing you need to do right now. We'll send another email once the changes are live."

No ETA given

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @JacobK,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know! I will be sure to pass this information along. If the change occurs and you start experiencing issues, be sure to reach back out to us.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member

@Coach Jon @JacobK

Coach Jon:

I also bank at Barclays US Online bank. Today they switched to their new website and, as a result, Simplifi stopped updating balances and transactions from Barclays US Online bank. I'm getting error FDP-103. This problem started this morning (17-Oct-2024).

When logging in to Barclays on a browser the url now redirects to www.barclaycardus.com. It appears they combined their credit card business and their banking services into 1 website; previously they were separate.

Can you please request that your technical team follow-up on this for a fix?

Thank you.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @rjg5060,

Thanks for reaching out! Before we can begin the escalation process, we will first need to be sure of what is going on here. I would have you follow the following steps to make sure it's not credential-related:

• Verify the bank selected is the correct instance.
      • You may see several different instances of your bank that you can add in the Add Account screen. Check to see if you’re using the correct one.
    • Verify that your login information is correct.
      • Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• chaorabbit
    chaorabbit Member

Please read rjg5060's post above; he is diagnosing the cause. I am having the same issue. It is NOT a credential related issue.