resolving technical issues - who's responsibility it is?

alekiac
alekiac Member
edited October 4 in Feedback

Like many other customers, I am facing issues with Citi connectivity. Ticket was open but then marked as resolved but the issue still exists. I was told:

"In this instance, I have already communicated with our support team and it has been determined that the issue is coming from Citibank. As such, they have kindly requested that you reach out to Citibank directly to address the API connectivity issue."

I loved working with all the support staff, very professional, creative and informed; but this is ridiculous. I am buying service that connects to financial institutions to bring data together and I am being asked to resolve connectivity issue? Can you imagine 1000s of citi customers calling to resolved API question?

It's like I get channel bundle from Comcast that includes ESPN but then, when ESPN doesn't work, Comcast asks me to contact ESPN directly to resolve issue between the two companies? I hope someone in the company sees how beyond ridiculous this feedback is.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4

I agree with your feedback. Hope the coaches pass on your concern to the higher ups and support should only involve users like us to gather information and not direct users to open tickets with the banks. Simplifi should open tickets with the banks on their users' behalf.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Thank you, Unfortunately, didn't have much success. (I have full chat transcript).

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

You can send the chat transcript to the Coaches via private message for information. That may help improve our experiences with support as users.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@alekiac, thanks for posting your feedback to the Community!

It depends on the specific issue. Some issues require that a user contact the bank directly, as we have no ability to do anything from our end. Others, we may have no success in working with the bank (by "we", I mean our service provider), so we end up having users contact the bank to help make them aware of the issue (such as this ongoing issue with Kohl's Credit Card).

For the Citi issue that started last week, since this was an issue with our service provider, the bank definitely did not need to be contacted. Instead, we had users follow the Community Alert for updates. Now that the issue is resolved, we should be able to troubleshoot from our end just like any normal bank connection issue. I apologize if this did not happen. You are welcome to create a new post here in the Community to troubleshoot any lingering issues if you'd like.

I hope this helps answer your question!

-Coach Natalie