Improvements to Investing Capabilities
Long time Personal Capital user that has made the switch to Simplifi. Some significant Investment features I find that I am missing that Personal Capital has that Simplifi doesn't. Features that should be included in Simplifi:
- Transactions for investment accounts - showing holdings is fine, but tracking individual investments' transactions allows for more reporting (cost basis and performance being two).
- Performance charts - showing not only net value over time, but actual portfolio performance (based off portfolio transactions vs current value) including comparisons to other indices such as the S&P, US Stock, Foreign Stock, US Bonds, or a grouping of index that matches my desired portfolio goal (could be filled out in another dashboard).
- Balance charts - showing not only the net value over time, but using a 100% line chart to show values when multiple investment accounts (Schwab, Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.) are present within a portfolio.
- Allocation Analysis - showing a holistic and micro-level comparison of what types of holdings are present in a given investment portfolio. % of large-cap, mid-cap, small cap, bond, reit, etc.
- Sector Analysis - showing a holistic and micro-level comparison of what types of sectors are present in a given investment portfolio. Technology, industrials, healthcare, consumer cyclical, etc.
- Savings Goals - allow goals to be created that track to the desire to invest money into IRAs, 529s, 401Ks, or taxable brokerage accounts.
- Manual holdings/allocation classifications - For instances where a holding that is reported is not automatically available by Simplifi (for instance, my Schwab 529), allow customers to manually input the MF/ETF tickers that comprise a holding.
- Retirement Fee Analysis - Reporting available to query and report on the fees that are present within the given portfolio
- Investment Checkup - Based off our desired investment goals, analysis and reports that show customers whether the portfolio is aligned to those goals. Holdings, historical performance, historical risk, efficient frontier analysis, allocation comparison, etc.
- Retirement Planning - Based off our desired retirement goals, analysis and reports that show customers where the current retirement portfolio is expected to align with those goals.