Running Balance Column [edited] (3 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This request was already considered by the product team and declined. See reasons on the last comment of this thread.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• landesemile
    Options

The ongoing refusal to have a running balance column option is silly for a budgeting tool. I want to be able to clearly see how my accounts' end-of-month balances compare month-to-month and year-to-year. It's also helpful to be able to see any time (not just end-of-month) how some accounts are doing compared to 1 month ago/2 months ago/etc. Seeing only the current balance does not give enough information to properly manage my finances.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

End of month balances are available in net worth report.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my understanding, QS by design is not a checkbook nor does it include an accounts ledger with a running balance. I personally wouldn't find a running balance column in my transactions lists to be useful or helpful. I can see my account balances as of the current day without the added business of a running balance column crowding the transactions list.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Gabrielle
    Options

Why was this declined by the product team? I would be curious to understand. I also would like not to have to scroll my cursor over the chart to see the balance.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17
    Options

@Gabrielle ,

See Coach Natalie's post from Oct. 2020 (on the first tab of this string). It's probably the closest to an explanation/reasoning that you're going to find. If it gives you hope, Simplifi had refused to add a Check # field and just - yesterday - reconsidered. That made lots of people happy! Not saying that they'll change their minds here, but…

(edited for readability)

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.