Ability to Customize the Web App Dashboard [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

mazar1977
mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

It would be great if we could customize the dashboard to see what is most important to us and not have it cluttered with widgets we don't use or aren't as important to us.

124 votes

In Review · Last Updated

This Idea has been submitted to the Product Team for review!

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@mazar1977 I think that would be an amazing addition to Simplifi!

• mikes
    mikes Member
    I just starting using Simplifi as a spending tracking tool.   It has a great UI and it easy to customize and use.  One are that needs attention is the Dashboard, too many panels and for it is cluttered.  I would like to be able to hide the majority of the panels not related to spending - plan, watchlists, goals achievement and investments.  Thanks form listening, Mike S 
  • thsourg
    thsourg Member
    One of the primary use cases for me for a budgeting/tracking app is the ability to go through and verify my transactions in real time. It feels like Simplifi is trying to push them under the carpet in order to generate reports. 

I would really like if there was an option to configure the dashboard so that it shows only the non reviewed transactions by default, so I can use that as my “todo” list. 
  • I briefly checked out a competitor (using a free trial) and this is a key feature I feel Simplifi is missing. The ability to pick and choose widgets made the dashboard on the other site stand out. It was very fresh and clean.

I love Simplifi but I wish there was greater ability to customize and remove unnecessary items - just simplify things. 
  • R&C
    R&C Member

Please add the ability to remove or hide tiles!

• Dan-in-Virginia
    Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭

Investments, Savings Goals, Spending Plan, Achievements, and Watchlist.

For example, I don't use any of these features. They clutter my screen. I should be able to inactivate their visibility, and either re-enable them or "reset" the dashboard to the Simplifi default.

This features is available at competitors like Monarch Money.

• Dan-in-Virginia

This is a critical comment. I can't believe that Simplifi's web app interface does not allow removing visibility of unwanted apps, or moving them around in a preferred order.

Most of Simplifi's competitors provide this functionality.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @Dan-in-Virginia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

To clarify, you can re-order the Simplifi Web App's Dashboard items, and you can also reset them to the default order. You'll find a video in our Support Article here that shows how to rearrange Dashboard items on the Web App, and you can reset the default order by clicking the Profile icon in the left-hand navigation bar (very bottom icon of a person), and then selecting "Reset Dashboard Layout".

I hope this helps with some of what you're looking for!

-Coach Natalie

• Dan-in-Virginia

This doesn't resolve my need because I want to remove visibility to many of the widgets that I don't use and therefore don't want to see cluttering my desktop. If I choose to use them, then I would want to see them. Quicken currently doesn't give me this option.

• jaredbkt
    jaredbkt Unconfirmed, Member

I should be able to fully customize the dashboard: remove sections I don't want, reorder the sections, etc.

Also, it's highly distracting when my mouse moves over anything, and it suddenly hovers and gains a drop shadow. We don't need animations from 1998. The product is called SIMPLIFI…so please…simplify it.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think it wouldn't take much to have a 'customize dashboard' button that showed a list of widgets, which could be reordered with move up/down or "Shown/Hidden" with a checkbox next to them.

Rob Wilkens

• apexfox
    apexfox Member

It might be a difficult issue to make tiles customizable, but I would think it would be a quick adjustment for developers to allow for unwanted tiles to be hidden or deleted.

• CLF
    CLF Member

Yes please!

• kw1997
    kw1997 Member

+1 for customizable desktop dashboard.

• Should be able to modify what tiles/summaries are on the home page, how large they are, and where they are located. Just being able to widen the summary on the left side so I can see all of my full account names would be a huge improvement!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can hover over any shortened account names as a short-term workaround and see the full names.

I am not against this idea, but I'm not sure if I'd want to vote to prioritize this over other ideas which i consider more important.

Rob Wilkens

• Being able to even change the width and size would be helpful. I can't even see my full account names on the summary pane and don't have the ability to widen it!

• I agree about prioritization, but the time required to make a given improvement should also be considered. Many of the suggestions here would not take very long to implement, as opposed to some other (higher priority) items that would require a much longer turnaround time.

• madmoondog
    madmoondog Member ✭✭

Yes would like to move things around to put focus on what i want to see, and frankly, id like to see it the way i had it with mint, where i had a charts with trends for various items at the top

• kw1997
    kw1997 Member

+1 for this!

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭

Really would like to see the trend chart like Mint and Empower have for net worth and investments with the ability to at least see it for 30 days, 1 year, and all time

• apexfox
    apexfox Member

Does anyone know if there is at least a way to eliminate unwanted dashboard items. That would remove a lot of clutter from mine.

• Stickboy
    Stickboy Member

Since I dont use all the features of simplifi, i'd like to remove them from the dashboard view. The mobile app offers some of this functionality, but the windows chrome version doesnt. Also would love a Net Worth widget on the dashboard (see other post re: more granular net worth suggestion). Thank you!

• Please include tiles for Spending vs. Last month (Like Mint did), Net Income (with a +/- $$ amount vs last month), and Net Worth (with a +/- $$ amount vs last month).

These are simple additions that would make Simplifi great. Please push this through ASAP - many of us already paid for a year without really putting Simplifi through the day in day out test over a few months. These are critical for users to gain insights at a glance.

Thank you

• To be able to customize the dashboard beyond just moving tiles around seems appropriate. Don't need nor use "Achievements", for example. It's just taking up space. Simplifi really shouldn't care about what's on any individual dashboard.

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭

This idea has been in review since June…is the review team going to issue a decision if they disagree, or lack the technical expertise to execute the suggestion.

There are many great suggestions waiting for review…what is the holdup Simplifi?

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• apexfox
    apexfox Member

This issue has been out there all year with nothing but a generic response mid-year. It makes users feel like nobody is listening. We don't just want to move cards around the dancefloor. We want to at minimum be able to delete the ones we don't want to see cluttering up the dashboard and at most to be able to create our own or be able to customize what is already there.

If there is an administator,moderater reviewing these comments, please respond so we know if anything is happening with this issue or if it is dead on arrival and the comment string is just being kept alive to placate us.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I would like to be able to hide tiles from dashboard and also have a net worth tile. Thanks!

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present