#TipTuesday: Flagging transactions for later review

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
Did you know that you can flag transactions in Simplifi to remember to review them later?! This is a great tool to use if you're on a time crunch, or if a specific transaction requires a bit more research or attention.

Adding a Flag to your transactions in Simplifi is super easy! First, you'll want to add the Flag column to your account register by clicking the gear icon to the upper right and then selecting "Flag" so it has a checkmark next to it. 

Then, to add a Flag to a transaction, simply hover over the transaction so you see the Flag field and then click on it. You'll see a dropdown menu with different colored Flags to choose from; all you have to do is pick your preferred color and select it from the list. And voila, your transaction is now flagged!

Once you've reviewed the transaction, you can remove the Flag by selecting the Flag field once again and then selecting "None" from the bottom of the list. 

Please also be sure to let us know how you use Flags in Simplifi, and share any bits of wisdom with the rest of us!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello everyone! We just wanted to give this #TipTuesday a little bump!

Flagging transactions is a great way to highlight certain transactions for any reason you may need, such as when traveling or when you see a transaction you don't recognize. You can even flag a transaction that you'd like to create a Transaction Rule for or one that needs to be linked to a Reminder or Refund -- there are so many uses that can come in very handy when you're on a time crunch!

Having the option to choose from different colored Flags makes the feature extra cool! Although the different colors don't come with labels as of yet, we do have an Idea post available here where you can vote on this ability. In the meantime, I personally use Flags in the way they make sense to me, with red being the most urgent or important. 

We'd love to hear from you on how you use Flags in Simplifi and what the different color options mean to you! 
  • newtnomore
    Options

I have been flagging transactions for the past few months. Today I finally had time to sit down and address all of those flagged transactions, but I cannot find a way to filter based on flag. Is there no way to only see my flagged transactions? Right now I am scrolling through my transactions manually and looking for falgged ones, but it is very tedious.

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@newtnomore - I submitted a feature request to add flag-based filtering. Please feel free to vote for it so that it gets added to the roadmap:

This discussion has been closed.