Allow the - (minus) in searches (1 Merged Vote)

Options
EL1234
EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

It would be great if we could use the - (minus) in searches, so you can search for transactions that are NOT in a particular category or do NOT have a particular tag.

Also if we could combine searches, so for example I could search for transactions in a specific category but without a specific tag.

I would also want to combine those searches with date restrictions, to search for transactions between specific dates.

I am coming from Mint and evaluating to see if I could switch, as Mint has gotten buggy, and this is a feature that I use a lot.

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@EL1234 Great suggestion!

• chanceryder25
    chanceryder25 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just posted this as well before seeing your suggestion! Upvoting!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Mint I used to use the minus sign to search for transactions that don't contain a specific word. It's a feature that would be great to have here!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @EL1234,

Thanks for the suggestion! Be sure to add your vote! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow thanks for combining my ideas! I want to clarify that I'd want to use the minus sign / NOT for both filters and searches.

Thank you all!
  • Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Two years later... I wonder if this idea will see the light of day.  There needs to be a "not" function when filtering categories and tags.  For example, I would like to filter transactions for anything with Tag A or Tag B, but NOT include anything that has Tag C.

It's impossible to get certain reports / transaction searches without having a "NOT" function.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

We also have some other Idea posts that may be more applicable to some of the comments here:

Thank you,

Quicken Simplifi Community Support Team

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I definitely still want this! To search for transactions that don't have a specific category or don't have a specific tag, also for transactions not in a specific account.