Issues with new chase connection type

Options

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Thanks for the additional example, @RobWilk.

It sounds like this is the same behavior that we already reported, so we'll need to wait for the Team to investigate and get back to us with a prognosis. I'll let you know as soon as an update is received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    If it matters, it's not just deposits...  I have two withdrawals, they are from at least a day ago but have tomorrow's date on them on the bank website..  They (I believe) are already deducted from the balance on the bank (the bank's available/present balance match), and they are not yet synced to transactions in Simplifi (that is they are manual transactions not linked to a  bank transaction).  The result is simplify is double deducting these two transacions.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I can narrow down what the problem is:
    1. It gets the right balance from the bank from what I can tell
    2. The problem: It does not download the most recent pending transactions from the bank - pending transactions might be downloaded as pending transactions 1-3 days later (more on holidays), these are already deducted from the bank balance.  This results in any manually entered transactions that aren't matched to be double deducted.
    3. Once pending transactions are downloaded, the balance corrects.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if its fixed, or if mobile is different than web.

I deposited a check with chase app, then opened simplifi android app, and the transaction immediately downloaded from chase

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know, @RobWilk!

To clarify, did the transaction download as pending or cleared? I'm wondering if it was immediately cleared since it was a mobile deposit. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It downloaded as pending, but the money was in the bank balance already (the bank credited me up front)..  

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From the web it appears (?) to be working today too.  I made an online payment (to amazon credit card) from the chase website, it fairly quickly downloaded and matched that transaction to a pending transaction, and again, the balance is right on simplify (matches bank).  If they did something to fix this, pass along my thanks.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

As far as I'm aware, they are still working on the issue. However, please keep an eye on things; if the behavior seems to be corrected moving forward, I can go ahead and close out the ticket. 

Fingers crossed!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly, I must report that at least on the weekend, pending transactions are not being downloaded, and this results in a double deduction from my checking balance.  in other words, it's not fixed.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks for the update, @RobWilk!

I will let you know once an update becomes available on the escalation. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My simplifi balance is wrong again (as is, by necessity, the cash flow forecast).  It's double crediting a deposit.

It will correct once the pending transaction is matched (or it usually does) but it seems on weekends that typically doesn't happen until the next business day, which is at least 2 days away.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I believe I may have already reported this, but I need to emphasize balances on my chase account are still BADLY WRONG especially on WEEKENDS.   Emphasis on weekends because those are not bank business days, and no transactions are cleared on weekends.

Both Chase Website Balances and Simplifi balances have all transactions accounted for (they're listed, but some are unmatched yet on simplfi)

Chase Reports the balance:

Simplifi says:

A difference of $99.55

The difference is THREE MANUAL TRANSACTIONS that are pending but not matched:

In other words, Simplifi has the balance from the bank which reflects these three transactions, and further subtracts them again since they are not yet matched.

This is a major issue, because for example it's more difficult to forecast my balance when deciding whether or not to make additional credit card payments..  Right now it looks like my balance will go negative before next income, but reality is it will not as thing stands now.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Since this has already been reported, I went ahead and merged your new post with the original one. At this point, we will need to wait until the Product Team provides us with an update and/or a resolution. 

We appreciate your continued patience and apologize that this behavior is causing issues with your Projected Cash Flow and current balance.

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not just cash flow, current balance is also incorrect

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The next day, after i marked transactions cleared to work around issue, transactions are now matched but still pending at bank, so now the simplifi balance is $99.55 too high rather than too low.

Please stop restricting users from marking cleared transactions as pending..   so i can work around these flaws which make simplifi unusable and worthless if i cannot see the correct balance

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I want to strongly emphasize that this was working fine (balances) when I paid for simplfi, it was broken around August 2022, and for at least three months has not been working anymore. [removed - disruptive]. I Should be able to get a correct balance, but at least on some days (frequently on bank holidays and weekends) it does not have a correct balance if there was activity.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Please be sure to check your Community DM's, as I have sent you a private message. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

I just wanted to let you know that someone from the Product Team will be reaching out to you directly to schedule a session for this issue. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

I just wanted to let you know that someone from the Product Team will be reaching out to you directly to schedule a session for this issue. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

@Coach Natalie depending on when they call I may or may not be able to reproduce it...    Friday evenings thru Monday mornings and bank holidays, and only if I schedule a payment from the bank for that period.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Be sure to let them know that, @RobWilk. At this point, they will be taking over communications (unless I hear otherwise). :smile:

-Coach Natalie 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been about 18-19 days...

To my knowledge, I have not heard from anyone yet...

But Just Now...

I tested it with a $5.35 bill pay from the checking account

And the $5.35 was still double deducted -after- I hit the refresh button and presumably it synced from the bank immediately.

I intentionally tested on the weekend, since that's when this seems to happen.

The updated bank balance, which includes this transaction, is:

(Yes, that's low, I only have enough in this account to last until Wednesday which is where the next income is.)

But Simplifi is reporting:

When I initially entered the transaction, Simplifi's balance was correct, then I tapped the refresh button (in the left bar), and that's when the account balance became this.  It will remain wrong until sometime on Monday morning (presuming Monday's not a bank holiday).

The point of this is that it's still an issue, but primarily on weekends and maybe bank holidays, and I'm not sure about outside of bank hours (I haven't tested that part specifically).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the end of the weekend (Monday Morning) it's showing:

Chase Balance: $59.47
    Simplifi Balance: $22.66

Actually, I just now hit the refresh button (on the left side of simplfi menu) on the chase account at 8:54am, and the balance corrected finally.  All morning until now, it was wrong. 

As a reminder, during the weekend, refreshing resulted in incorrect balances.

So, after the refresh:

Chase Balance : $59.47
    Simplfi Balance: $59.47
    (and 2 days until I get paid!)

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for following up!

I reached out to the Team and they stated that they're resending the email, so please be sure to keep an eye out for it and let me know if you still don't get it. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    [edit]
    I had a 10:30am ET (8:30 am MT) Zoom Call Scheduled for today - Thank You.

Results: They're going to turn on some extended logging for transactions over the weekend (which I was told generates a ton of data), and I plan to capture a video demonstrating this issue, such that, in theory, they could see the logs alongside when the video was taken.

It also sounded like Simplifi Support will be away for the last week of the year (Holiday Week, when schools are typically out). 

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Awesome, @RobWilk! I hope they get to the bottom of it. 

To clarify, the only day that Support won't be available is Monday, December 26th. Otherwise, I believe that our Product Team and corporate folks may have some further time off, but Support will definitely still be here. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want to add a comment to prevent this from closing :-) because it's not solved yet..  Right now I have a person from "Supportability" trying to solve this, and 5 months after i started troubleshooting this problem here we just got to "Is balance with pending checked"....  Sigh... Again, i know if this goes too long without a comment it will close, so I'm posting something.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you, @RobWilk.

To clarify, I don't close posts that have open tickets; I leave escalation threads open until we have a fix and/or an expected fix version, regardless of the amount of time that's passed. I did reach out for an update on the ticket, though. Hopefully they were able to get everything they needed from your video and the logging. I'll let you know when I hear back. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @RobWilk,

They stated that they sent you an email yesterday and will continue working with you directly. Let me know if you have any questions or issues with receiving their correspondence. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie - No, I'm not having problems receiving their e-mail, I responded last night, and again this morning.  Like I said, the last thing i got from support, last night, was that there was concern "Balance with pending" wasn't properly unchecked (you had indicated in this thread that it did not matter, and it was properly unchecked anyway).

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems I got lucky, and they connected me with a support person who had the same kind of checking account at the same bank I am with.  Further, they were willing to experiment with their own checking account (for work, no less), which I think is unbelievable.  They turned on the enhanced debugging on their account, captured the issue occurring (presumably), and said they are working with the product team with this information now to work towards a resolution.

Nothing's fixed yet, but it sounds like they might now have a better source than me to reproduce the issue.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.