Issues with new chase connection type

Options
13»

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This weekend, there is more than $1000 difference between my Simplifi Balance (on my chase account) and what the balance should be.

I no longer have the e-mail address of the support person I was in contact with, I suspect they may not need this to understand the problem further.   It sounded like they reproduced the problem with their own account.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found the support person's e-mail address, and they told me, "We are still going back and forth with Chase to work out a resolution."  But the point is, they can see and understand the problem and are working towards a fix.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie There probably should be one of those alert type messages we can follow which basically says the balance on chase accounts on days the bank is closed can be incorrect. I was told that this problem has proven more difficult than anticipated, and may not be fixable (that is, I gather, unless Chase changes the information that they provide to Simplifi).

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Just more information: If I refresh my Chase bank balance before 6:30am ET, the problem ALSO exists (and will persist beyond that for 4-5 hours since that's apparently how often it refreshes).

In my case, this morning i had two transactions, a direct deposit for a couple thousand, and a charge for under $20. Simplifi effectively doubled the effect of both of these transactions because they were IN the downloaded bank balance PLUS it applied the manual (unmatched) transactions ..

AS A WORK AROUND, rather than deleting those manual transactions, I created separate opposite manual transactions (pending) which i labelled "DELETEME" —- so let's say direct deposit was $2000, I created a DELETEME charge for $2000 to subtract the extra effect. And for the $20 charge I created a $20 DELETEME credit. This resulted in simplifi having the correct balance, but now have to remember to delete those transactions (the DELETEME ones) after it syncs while bank hours are open.

I've got to learn to sleep just a little longer.. Chase e-mailed me balance information at 6:30am, so maybe that's when the banking day starts. I had originally refreshed around 6:20-6:25am.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I'm not sure if someone has reached out to you already, but it looks like after months of working on this with Chase and our Service Provider, Chase has concluded that they're not going to make a change to this, so the ticket was closed on our end.

Sorry for not having better news for you!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was told that was a possibility 3-6 months ago. I presume support for Chase will be dropped, then.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.