Ability to turn off in-product notifications (edited)

Options
JAL
JAL Member
edited October 2022 in Feature Requests
Notifications can be turned off for email and push notifications, however, they cannot be turned off within the on-line version.  Every time I log in to my account there are new notifications that I have to delete.  It would be nice to have the option to exclude those notifications from appearing the same as the option to turn off notifications for email and push.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• TMazz
    Options
    I agree.  There are lots of notifications that I do not want to see at all.  
  • Dan-in-Virginia
    Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I disabled all notifications, but I continue to receive notifications like "Woo Hoo you've just been paid". This is amateurish and better suited for a teenager.

I want to be able to disable all notifications that I don't specifically enable; or which are NOT critical.

Finance is not a game to me, and I use Simplifi for the data and the hope that the data visualizations and reports will improve.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dan-in-Virginia sorry to hear you experience the various playful notifications as amateurish and better suited to a teenager. I imagine, like most things, that would depend on the teenager as it apparently does for us old-agers. Personally I like the playfulness and if I didn't I'd more than likely be using one of the more "serious minded" personal finance apps like Quicken or Y**B to name just two possibilities. The playfulness built into Simplifi for me is part of it's attractiveness for me.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Dan-in-Virginia
    Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My key point is that this is a superfluous notification (I know I had income, which may or may not be "paid" from someone), and I disabled all the notifications. As a paying customer, my notification preferences should be respected.

This is not to say I don't have a sense of humor. However, I have many accounts, and income streaming into each on a weekly or biweekly basis. When I have to clear multiple "Woo Hoo you got paid" notifications every week, it gets old real fast. I thought it was funny the first time. Hopefully what I'm saying is understandable.

On a secondary note, regarding the playful tone, maybe add a preference for communication tone. Formal vs Playful. It would be easy to incorporate.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • user09128374
    Options

Agree. I require no notifications whatsoever and would like to turn them all off.