Add "Lowest Projected Balance" to Projected Cash Flow graph (edited)

Jimmy Glass
Jimmy Glass Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
The Cash Flow Projections is one of the most powerful features of Simplifi for me... Currently, I have multiple bank accounts that are used for different purposes, like Bills and Spending, Allowance Accounts, etc. 

In some of those accounts, I do not maintain significant padding... and I want to know if that account is ever going to go negative... and if so, by how much... 

Currently, after finishing my planning, I will review the Cash Flow Chart on the Web.. and mouse over the low points in the graph to find the Lowest Projected Balance. I also can see this on the Mobile App by scrolling through the table and identifying values of the running totals. 

It would be nice to have a calculated field of "Lowest Projected Balance" aligned with the view of the graph in an account for a selected time period... 

P.S. 
I am really impressed with the overall competency of the Simplifi Team. The product  conveniently provides me insights into my personal finances that I have never had access to. The in-line coaching is invaluable and the well-thought out communication channels (including this forum) are simply first-class... I look forward to working with this product for a long time... 
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Evessia
    Evessia Member
    edited January 2023
    It would be nice if the low point in the Projected Cash Flow graph was indicated and had a data label. I can obviously hover my cursor over the points on the graph and try to find the lowest one, but it would be nice to be able to see it at a glance.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case, this will always be the day before the next income.  If someone has two (or more) incomes in one month, they stand a chance of having two (or more) different local low points.  I almost think what you're looking for is the lowest point before the next income, right?   Quicken used to show 'amount left in checking until next income' which did this.  I think others (including myself) may have already asked for that under (perhaps?) another idea post

Rob Wilkens

• cymirk
    cymirk Member
    If a low point indicator cannot be designed easily, at least dashed lines across the graph at the vertical index amounts would be great.  Anyway, unlike the missing running balance register column, this six month projected cash graph I hope will never go away.  It's vital to basic financial management here.
  • Evessia
    Evessia Member
    edited January 2023
    @RobWilk, I'm more looking for the lowest point on the cash flow graph for any selected period of time. i.e. When I select the 6 month projection I want to see the lowest point for the entire 6 months. In a world where your graph looks like this, it's hard to decide which is lowest.

• doctboo
    doctboo Member

@RobWilk you already pointed this out, but this is related to, but not the same as, another your other post and I think the bottom line for Simplifi is that a lot of us project known upcoming, yet not necessarily standardized, transactions and need to know if we're letting our account get below our defined threshold. Waiting for their low balance notification is reactive and we're looking for a proactive approach to low balance planning.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@doctboo Thanks, I went back and also voted for this one.

Rob Wilkens