Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU) CC not syncing transactions (edited)

Options
Keith LeBeau Jr
Keith LeBeau Jr Member
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

RBFCU recently changed the company that provides their CC services. Now I don't get any transaction data. All I get is the balance but that is posted to the main website for the bank.

Is there a way to fix this or is there a ticket I can put in?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're missing transactions for your Randolph-Brooks FCU credit card account in Simplifi.

To start, please go ahead and take a look over our Support Article here for troubleshooting missing transactions to see if you can identify any common culprits. If the issue persists, please go ahead and reset the connection for the account to see if the missing transactions download; the steps to do so are available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Keith LeBeau Jr
    Options

Hello @Coach Natalie

I know you have a lot to do but this canned response didn't really do anything if you read my post.

This isn't a matter of "missing a few transactions" or resetting my account (which I have tried a few times. What is happening is my bank changed providers for their Credit cards and simplifi is no longer seeing them. I would assume there would need to be a backend change made on your side to point to the new provider.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Thanks for posting back!

To clarify, we must exhaust all troubleshooting steps and gather certain pieces of information in order to escalate a missing transactions case, regardless of the circumstances. With that said, if you've already followed all of the steps and were unable to resolve the issue, please provide the following information:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Simplifi.
    2. The name of the Account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Simplifi.
    3. The name of the Account the transactions are missing from, as it appears on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the corresponding account register in Simplifi showing that the example transactions are missing.
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Keith LeBeau Jr
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I can work on that, how do I get them to you though, I'm not about to post pictures of my bank website and personal finances on a public forum.

thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Great! You can send the private information via a DM to me here in the Community. Alternatively, if you're looking for a more private support experience in general, you'll want to contact our Support Team directly to report the issue.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Thanks for DMing me the requested information!

Since so much time has passed since we last looked at this, we'll want to start back over with the troubleshooting before being able to escalate this. With that said, please go ahead and make the account in question fully manual by following the steps here (this will completely disconnect it from the bank). Once done, you'll want to go through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank, and then carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Keith LeBeau Jr
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Ok, did that.

Same results.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Thanks for giving that a try!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10367885

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Keith LeBeau Jr,

Thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

We've heard back from our Service Provider, and it looks like this is actually a known issue with credit card accounts at Randolph-Brooks FCU. They didn't provide any additional insight or an ETA on a resolution, however, they did apologize for the inconvenience.

For now, I'd suggest continuing to manually enter the transactions in that account and periodically trying to update it and/or reset the connection. You're also welcome to check back in here every so often if you'd like so we can check on the known issue.

Sorry for not having better news for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Keith LeBeau Jr
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I appreciate the follow up and that is better than getting a "huh? what?" answer.

At least they know and are working.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Keith LeBeau Jr, we now have a Community Alert for this known issue that can be followed for updates. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.