Credit Card transactions have reversed positive/negative for MIDFLORIDA CU (edited)

Options
A.J.
A.J. Member
edited August 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Transactions under one credit card I have linked has spending reflected as positive in green and payments reflected negative in black. The balance is correct but the result is spending reduces spending counts in the spending plan and also some show as income in certain areas.

Included a screen shot of the transactions.

Looks to be same issue as in the thread below:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @A.J.,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a reverse register with one of your accounts in Simplifi.

I see in the screenshot that the issue is occurring with a MIDFLORIDA Credit Union account — do you have any other accounts with this bank added in Simplifi? If so, do they also have the same issue, or is it just the credit card account?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• A.J.
    A.J. Member
    Options

Hi Natalie, thanks for the reply. I have two checking accounts and two savings accouns with MidFlorida linked and those both appear to be tracking correctly. I also have other credit accounts with other institutions that appear correct.

• Coach Natalie
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @A.J.,

Thanks for confirming!

We can go ahead and get the issue escalated for just the one credit card account. To do so, please provide the following additional info:

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. A screenshot of the same transactions that are displayed in your screenshot for Simplifi above that shows the transactions on the bank's website so we have a comparison.
    3. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a computer web browser and not a mobile browser).

Also, I noticed that the transactions in your screenshot above are from May — is the issue still actively occurring for newly downloaded transactions, or are you just seeing it on older transactions?

If you prefer to share this information privately, you may send it to me in a DM here in the Community. Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• A.J.
    A.J. Member
    Options

Thanks, Natalie. I will DM you now.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @A.J.,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10352663

• Coach Natalie
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @A.J.,

Thanks for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update on the escalation stating that the issue should be resolved. I'm not sure if the fix will be retroactive, so you may only see it on newly downloaded transactions. Honestly, since all of the data in the account is backward, I'd suggest just deleting the account and re-adding it to see if the transactions download correctly.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453929-how-to-delete-bank-accounts-in-simplifi#h_ec6dd7329c

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-simplifi#h_93d97461fa

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• A.J.
    A.J. Member
    Options

This worked! Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.