Default end date for Reports on web app stuck on July 4?

Options
pkp
pkp Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Report a Bug

Not sure if this is just me, but when I go to Reports on web and choose any of the reports except "Last Month" and "Last Year", the default end date is stuck on July 4. I have to manually change it to the end date that I want.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @pkp,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior with Reports on the Simplifi Web App.

I'm not personally seeing this issue in Simplifi. When I navigate to Reports, I see transactions dated up to July 11th, which are my most recent transactions. Have you tried signing out and back into the Web App to see if doing so clears things up for you? If not, I'd suggest trying from a different browser to see if the issue may perhaps be browser-specific.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi, just following up on this. Logging out and logging in does clear up the problem. But the problem persists in that if you keep your computer on and browser open and Simplifi logged in, the Reports default end date get "stuck" on a given date even if you refresh the page or click to other pages, and I need to sign out to refresh that. This seems like potentially a caching related bug.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @pkp

How long does it take for this sticking to happen? Also, it sounds like the date it gets stuck on is random. I that correct? I'm going to leave my laptop on, browse open and logged into Simplifi and go read for awhile to see what happens. I'm running in Chrome on Windows 10.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@DannyB I haven't tested it extensively to be sure, but I noticed that before I did the logout/login refresh today, it was stuck on 7/13, which sort of matches the approximate date that I made the original post (off by 1 day), so I suspect that the stuck date might be something like the last date you logged out/logged back in. I'm on Chrome on Mac Ventura 13.4.1.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pkp

Ah, so staying logged in over multiple days… I’ll have to log in on my Surface, also running Windows 10, since my laptop lives on a desk in my bedroom for the time being and no way leaving that thing on over night. I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @pkp,

Thanks for posting back with additional info!

I don't think the Simplifi Web App will automatically refresh when left open/signed into. This has been discussed prior, and we have an Idea post here:

With that said, if manually refreshing the page doesn't update the data, but signing out and back in does, I agree that there may be a caching issue. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies, by chance, for at least the Simplifi site?

-Coach Natalie

• pkp
    pkp Member ✭✭
    Options

So clearing the cache and cookies (which automatically logs me out) and then logging back in does reset everything to the correct default date at that time, but it doesn't help the problem that the default date stays the same even after the next day when staying logged in. I can confirm that a hard refresh does not solve the problem either. The default date is only reset to the correct date if you log out and log back in.

And this not only affects the Reports tab, but it also affects other things such as the default date when entering a manual transaction. So it looks the the entire default date setting in the Simplifi web app gets cached and cannot be reset without logging out and logging back in.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @pkp,

I'm not aware of any additional reports of this behavior, so I'm not sure if that's due to most users not staying logged in, or if you're seeing a user and/or browser-specific issue, etc. I'd think regardless, though, that performing a manual refresh should correct the issue, and a log out/log back in wouldn't be required. However, I'm not familiar with how this actually works on the backend, or what users can expect (I personally don't stay signed into Simplifi, and I also completely shut down my computer every night).

With that said, I intend to bring this up to our Product Team to see what I can find out. I'm not sure if the solution would be to go ahead and log out/back in each day, or if there may be an actual caching issue occurring. In the meantime, have you tried this process from an entirely different browser, or even in incognito mode? If not, it would be great to have some additional testing done on this if possible to see if we can narrow things down a bit. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.