Recurring transactions not posting

Options
pawebb
pawebb Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

Four day old Simplifi-er here. My Recurring transactions do not appear to be working. I created a transaction for my paycheck and when asked I added it as a recurring transaction. Yesterday when looking at the Transaction page under Upcoming I could see my paycheck listed with all of the details. Today, payday, it still shows under Upcoming and a transaction has not been created. Am I missing something?

Best Answers

Answers

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Flopbot

Everything is set correctly. I think I refreshed enough times that it pulled from my bank and when the transaction pulled in it cleared the upcoming and added the transaction to the Pending section. This tells me that your recurring transactions will not post until the transaction is brought in from the bank. If so, how does this work on a manual account? I have one manual account with a new transaction posting tomorrow. It is currently listed in the Upcoming section with a post date of tomorrow. This should be a good test.

I hope that the tool does not wait on the account to send the transaction before posting. This could cause problems for accounts with delays. For example, my mortgage company pulls my payment on the first, and is listed as pending in the account online. My bank does not post the transaction on their website until the 3rd and then it takes about a day to clear. My hope is that the transaction will post as pending against the bank account on the 1st in Simplifi as that money has been spent.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pawebb , bummer, you've got a manual account!

So, the bad news first … Simplifi doesn't play nicely with Recurring Transactions and manual accounts. I know there are a lot of post on this topic, but - ironically - couldn't find any of them in a quick search. This one sort of touches on it (click here)…sorry if it just makes you more confused. I - very intentionally - don't have any Recurring Series tied to Manual Accounts because I was having so many issues with them. My one suggestion from when I was practicing awhile back is to ALWAYS try to link them in this direction (blue arrow).

Now the good news … Simplifi includes the "Past" upcoming boxes in the Projected Cash Flow chart. I think you'll find that "Past" upcoming boxes that are waiting for a transaction to sync by a day or two aren't that big of a deal in Simplifi.

Let us know if you still have questions or if something doesn't make sense.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the help.

This discussion has been closed.