Transactions from ignored accounts are displayed and calculated in Reports (edited)

Options
kevinliu0331
kevinliu0331 Member
edited September 2023 in Report a Bug

On the latest web release, all investment transactions now appear in all kinds of reports as uncategorized spending, even though the corresponding accounts are marked as "Exclude from Reports".

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’m seeing this also, though they are greyed out with the exclude symbol is showing.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • DEA3
    DEA3 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Starting today the net worth report is including excluded accounts!. Earlier this week it was not. What's happened?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

I apologize that you are all seeing this issue in Simplifi!

I was easily able to reproduce this issue, and it does appear to be all accounts, not just investment accounts. Additionally, the transactions are being calculated in the Report. 😣 It does seem to be exclusive to Reports at least, as the Spending Plan excludes transactions from ignored accounts as expected.

I went ahead and filed a ticket for this issue and made our Product Team aware. I'll post back as soon as any updates are available.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17476

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Curious if this was an early-access issue, or if the recenytly released update had this bug. Could early-release testing have detected it if not?

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, your guess is as good as mine at this point. 🤷‍♀️

-Coach Natalie

• DEA3
    DEA3 Member
    Options

Here is what I am experiencign today:

The net worth report still HAS BUGS, EXCLUDED accounts are included in Net Worth report in the web version but not in the mobile version. But even more strange in the web version under the accounts list, accounts that are not excluded when you check the three dots, are marked excluded by the account name. Also we still need a global (not transaction by transaction) way to mark an account included but the data transactions NOT included.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello All,

It appears that a change was implemented to ignore Investment Accounts from Reports and the Spending Plan by default. However, it looks like this bug is still ongoing where transactions from ignored accounts are displayed and calculated in Reports, so the changes made to Investment Accounts specifically didn't fix the bug. I'll keep everyone informed of the progress on that ticket.

@DEA3, if a different issue outside of transactions from ignored accounts being displayed and calculated in Reports is occurring, you'll want to create a new post to outline that specific issue. Also, if you have a feature request, you'd want to create an Idea post accordingly.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

The reported issue should now be fixed!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.