AMEX High Yield Savings accounts not connecting (edited)

Options
13»

Comments

• AaronG
    AaronG Member
    edited February 2
    Options

Hi. I have the same issue with HYS. Please advise

American Express, banking, fsb options aren't working. Please advise

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @AaronG,

To help troubleshoot this issue, I checked on our end. It is showing a FDP-103 (invalid credentials) error when you try to connect. To troubleshoot the 103 error, please follow these steps:

1. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    2. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    3. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    4. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• ChristyL540
    ChristyL540 Member
    edited February 16
    Options

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! I used what others said above. 😎

Use "American Express Bank FSB" with your OLD login credentials, prior to AMEX combining the credit card/banking. Each time you login to Simplifi you will have to do the 2 step verification though. However, at least it does work for now. Thank goodness for someone giving this a try! I've been searching and searching for an answer to this! Anyone who recently opened up their account may not be able to utilize this option though.

Tags: FDP-102 FDP-103 American Express Savings

• kgJettaIV
    Options

I am also having issues adding my AmEx HYSA to Quicken Simplifi, however unlike a lot of the users in this thread I am a new savings customer with AmEx so I do not have a log-in from before they merged with the credit card log-in. I have had an AmEx credit card for years and was able to link the account to Simplifi with no issues when I created my Simplifi account a couple weeks ago. I only opened the savings account about a week ago, however, and while I can log in to my AmEx account and view the savings account I am still not able to link it in Quicken.

I have tried checking my already linked AmEx account but it only shows my credit card.

I tried re-connecting that account but again, it only shows the credit card.

I tried the American Express - Banking connection and get as far as a 2 factor authentication code, but after entering the code I receive from AmEx it sits on the "Securing Connection" screen and spins for several minutes and then errors out.

I tried the American Express - FSB connection but that immediately rejects my AmEx credentials.

For the time being I have manually added the account as I do not expect to see much activity on it, however I would like to get this connection working so I don't have to manually update the interest every month.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @kgJettaIV,

To troubleshoot this issue, I checked on our end to see what errors you were getting. I can see the FDP-103 (invalid credentials) for the American Express - FSB connection, but I'm not seeing any error messages when you try the American Express - Banking connection. What error message/code are you seeing when it finishes spinning and errors out?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Geekless
    Options

Any reliable way to connect this account? I've seen other threads with varying levels of luck.

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

I am seeing the same issue, I cannot connect my HYSA accounts.

Error when using "American Express Bank FSB":

We are unable to update American Express Bank FSB at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Simplifii support.
    Care Code: QCS-0429-2

• JordanMalone
    Options

I am not seeing a resolution on this. I've had trouble with connecting my Amex HYSA since moving to quicken from Mint. Worth noting that Credit Karma is unable to link as well.

Any update on resolving this?

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @garzajp93 and @JordanMalone,

Thanks for reaching out! @garzajp93, I can see the 103 error on our side when you attempt to connect to the bank. I would try these steps to verify your login information is correct:

1. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    2. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    3. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    4. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

@JordanMalone, I am not seeing an error on our side for this bank with you. Are you receiving an error, and if so, what error code is it showing in Quicken Simplifi?

Thank you both,

Coach Jon

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon, thanks for the response. I have tried all of them with no luck. In regards to:

(1) Tried. No luck.
    (2) My login continues to work on the Amex website.
    (3) I did not find any password-specific item on the Amex website.
    (4) I changed my password to only use letters and numbers. I can log in fine to Amex's website. No luck with Simplifi.

Thanks

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Thanks for your response! Have you tried both of these American Express instances in Quicken Simplifi: American Express Bank FSB and American Express - Banking?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon,

Yes. The American Express - Banking sends me a two-factor authentication code via SMS and when I try using the code I get an error:

We are unable to connect to American Express - Banking at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Thanks for the information. American Express limits connectivity to avoid excessive server traffic. A 102/105 error may occur for American Express accounts during high-traffic times. Is this account still presenting this error for you today?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon, yes, still the same error. I have been trying to connect at different times for weeks now. Thanks

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Thanks for your reply. I would suggest trying to Reset your Account Connection using the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    edited April 12
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon, I am confused, how can I reset an account I have not added? I saw the video, that allows you to reset a selected account that has already been added.

• Coach Jon
    edited April 12
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Thanks for the information, and I apologize for the confusion! We have submitted an escalation for the 102 error with American Express - Banking. Could you also please submit your logs to us in case we may need them? This can be done by following the directions below:

1.    Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.    Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.    With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.    Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

EWC-10984298

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

@Coach Jon Done, report created and sent. Thanks

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Our development team came back with an update on this issue. It looks like this is due to American Express blocking intermittently and during high-traffic times, and we will need you to keep trying to connect in the evening or over the weekends. In the meantime, we will be working with your financial institution to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• garzajp93
    garzajp93 Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Jon,

I've been trying that for weeks now and have had no luck still :(

Best,
    JP

• Coach Jon
    edited April 22
    Options

Hello @garzajp93,

Thank You for the update. We are still working with your financial institution regarding this issue. When you are trying the American Express FSB instance in Quicken Simplifi, what specifically in occuring for you in the program? Are you receiving an error? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• vladimird
    vladimird Member
    Options

Hi, I'm a new Simplifi user and I too have been unable to connect my HYSA.

When using "American Express", the authorization flow opens a window and lands me on their website and after signing I get:

We're Sorry

We're unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.

You are now leaving American Express and returning to Quicken.

Code: f183

Returning to Simplifi I see Missing flow parameter BodyParam code in AuthZGrantSpec.

Using American Express Bank FSB, the auth flow keeps me in the simplified modal but I get the following error:

To connect to American Express Bank FSB, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at American Express Bank FSB to ensure they are correct.
    Care Code: FDP-103

Using American Express - Banking, the auth flow keeps me in the simplified modal but I get the following error after putting in my 2fa code:

We are unable to connect to American Express - Banking at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102

I'm using a password manager for this so no mistyping the password

Please advise.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @vladimird,

Thanks for reaching out. American Express does limit traffic during peak traffic times. Have you tried outside this time or over the weekends? Additionally, when using American Express FSB, are you prompted for a MFA when connecting?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• vladimird
    vladimird Member
    Options

Yes, I've tried at various times, including the weekend. I don't seem to be getting MFA for American Express FSB.

• Coach Jon
    edited May 2
    Options

Hello @vladimird,

Since you are getting the 103 error when trying to connect to American Express FSB, I would suggest verifying the below information:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• vladimird
    vladimird Member
    Options

Hi,

1. See image
    2. I use a password manager but I also tried typing it by hand and copy/pasting from a text application
    3. Login credentials worked on American Express
    4. None
    5. Did that, my password doesn't have any of those characters

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @vladimird,

Thank you. Please supply the information below, as this will help us determine what to do next:

• The name of the account(s), as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    • Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    • What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    • What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    • A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    • The format of your password (DO NOT provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.
    • Logs, which may be sent using the following instructions:
    1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

This information may be posted here, or sent to us via Direct Message.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• vladimird
    vladimird Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon, just wanted to follow up and see if there have been any updates on this? (I DM’d you on May 5th)

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @vladimird,

Thanks for the reply. We are seeing a new error for you on our side. Can you please try changing your password again with this FI, and try reconnecting your account in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.