FDP-103 error with Venmo

Options

Comments

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

I too see error "Care Code: FDP-103" after an account reset did not solve "Care Code: QCS-0429-2".

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Humanleg86
    Humanleg86 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Any update with this and the many other account connection issues…

Its been months now.

• brentmid
    Options

Re: Venmo - it just started working for me today. Not sure if anybody else can verify that it's fixed.

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

I have two simplifi profiles. Each profile uses a different venmo account. On the 17th, one venmo connection was able to be reset and the other was not. I experienced the same about a week ago. Except that time it was the opposite venmo account that worked.

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to establish a new connection to Venmo Oct 18, but now Venmo will not accept the connection again.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• johnnyjoesifer
    Options

I also created a connection on 10/18 and it successfully synced. The next day, I receive this same error and I can't connect!

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

Just now, I reset the connection, authenticated and provided the multifactor. Simplifi provided me the account information and allowed me to associate it with the existing account. The transactions were imported.

I immediately switched profiles and performed the same. This profile did not have a "reset connection" option, only "connect". When I enter the credentials, like before, I receive FDP-103…. "you must re-enter your credentials". The credentials work when I use them on venmo.com.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

For anyone receiving a 103 error with Venmo in Quicken Simplifi, this is a known issue. Please follow our Alert here for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Hamm
    Hamm Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Same with other users. Had a problem with creating a connection with Venmo since I created a simplifi account. Waited for 3 weeks for this issue to be solved. Heard from a friend today that they had no problem connecting their venmo accouant to their simplifi account. Tried to establish a new connection not with my Venmo id but with my phone number associated with my Venmo account. Venmo finally shoot me the code and let my Venmo account sync with my Simplifi account. Ended up not getting imported any new transactions from Venmo and now getting that FDP-103 error again. Changing credentails on Venmo's website did not help, fyi.

Meanwhile, I'm also paying for another finance app service which has no problem with importing venmo transactions. I was planning to switch to Simplifi from that app, but maybe that was a bad plan.

• Send513
    Send513 Member
    Options

followed all the troubleshooting steps, also cannot connect my venmo. Will follow this, but please fix :-)

• johnnyjoesifer
    Options

Please fix! This is getting ridiculous! The purpose of this software is to aggregate transactions from multiple accounts. And you are failing to do this!

• ZhengQY421
    Options

For the time being, a workaround is (requires excel skills 😥):

1. Download transaction data from Venmo
    2. Extract the needed data for uploading transactions manually
      1. For date, set the format as MM/DD/YYYY and replace everything from T and onward with empty space
      2. For amount, format the currency with negative signs, and set them as general text.
      3. Fill out any missing fields
    3. Upload the transactions manually.
    4. Edit the transactions as needed.
      1. To keep the balance accurate, for the transactions that were paid out of my bank account, I deleted them from my venmo account and categorized the corresponding transfers in my bank account instead. In other words, your venmo account should only track transactions paid using your venmo balance.

…or we can just wait for a fix to come out 🙃

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

Thank you @ZhengQY421 !

This suggestion requires advanced skills. I created regular expressions that will transform the venmo csv output so that Simplifi will import it.

I use these with PowerGREP on my windows desktop. Notepad++ is a free alternative.

• Tex247
    Tex247 Member
    Options

Thank you @Evan S for the regular expression list. I tried to use in Notepad++ but it did not work beyond first regex. Do you have any tips?

Best regards

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

@Tex247, I want to create some how-to documentation and I found some more transformations that are needed. I'm putting together a github to keep it together. https://github.com/evan4096/venmo-to-simplify-csv More soon!

• rkmrocque
    Options

I have had this issue for the last month as well. It's super annoying. I have me and my wife's venmo's both connected on simplifi. It worked fine for a long time. I will say that even when it was working it was the most annoying, because I had to get a text approval every time I loaded the app. That needs to change. But now I can't access it, getting the same error (see below). I've tried talking with venmo, changed passwords, etc. Nothing works. Please fix this asap.

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

I can't seem to import csv into the venmo account. I can into my bank account.

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

@Tex247 , I updated the regex workaround with some documentation. https://github.com/evan4096/venmo-to-simplify-csv

You're welcome to post any issues or suggestions on the Issues tab in GitHub.

• Evan S
    Evan S Member
    Options

The connection worked just now without the FDP-103 error.

• ZhengQY421
    Options

Yea seems like it has been fixed. Though how often it needs OTP is still quite annoying.

• Colton
    Options

Still getting the Care Code: QCS-0429-2 error. Any recommendations?

• algoguy
    algoguy Member
    Options

[UPDATE] For me, the transaction history is finally coming in after 2 separate 2FA requests (this has been working for just over a month). So I'm happy to have the data. The issue that remains (but not a blocker) is that Venmo wants to re-verify my 2FA every few days.

• abourne307
    Options

I have to do 2FA every single time I log into Simplifi for Venmo and another bank. Annoying, but like you said at least the transactions come through now.

• street
    street Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello,

I have been seeing connection errors with Venmo. Was able to successfully login once, but quickly was disconnected and numerous attempts to login throw FDP-103 errors.

Confirmed my login info is correct on the Venmo website.

Seems this is an ongoing known issue since early September, but still no resolution.

As a new user coming from Mint, Venmo is a critical account that I use often and will need to function correctly in order to utilize Simplifi as my new budgeting/financial management tool.

Any updates on timeline or if this will be escalated further after months of languishing?

Thank you for any support or comments from others!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@street, thanks for posting!

As you can see from the discussion above, this is a known issue with Venmo. Our Alert here can be followed for updates:

-Coach Natalie

• Joe Aiks
    Options

It's been way too long not to have some solid information. At one point this was fixed and then stopped working which would lead me to believe that someone understands what the issue is. Please at least share the information with us. The fact that there is no ETA after 3 months makes me wonder if I want to stay with simplifi.

• djp2025
    Options

When attempting to add my Venmo account I keep getting Care Code: FDP-103. I've used my browser to successfully log into my account which rules out incorrect user or password.

Is there a known ussue?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @djp2025,

Thanks for posting! Yes, there is currently a known issue. Please follow our Alert here for updates:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Ericson
    Options

Hi there. I'm a new paid subscriber of Simplifi (from Mint). I added Venmo in my account a month ago and it's never connected since day-one. I've correctly (and tripple-checked) that I've entered my credentials. The error I'm receiving is "Care Code: FDP-103". Any word on getting this fixed?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Ericson, thanks for posting!

As you can see from the above discussion, this is a known issue. Please be sure to follow the Alert for updates.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.