Is this alert still ongoing? - i am getting the 103 error for Venmo

• ppasknyc
    ppasknyc Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

any update here ? Having this issue still with Venmo

• KiSmith
    Options

I'm also getting the 103 error, it's been happening for about a week now. Also, occasionally when I try again to reconnect I also get prompted to re-enter my credentials for venmo and get this error:

We are unable to update Venmo at this time. Please
    try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact
    Simplifii support.
    Care Code: QCS-0429-2

• markv
    markv Member
    Options

Oh, I assumed Venmo was broken for everyone. Is that not the case? I've never gotten it to work reliably, but have recently started getting the FDP-103 warning, followed by Care Code: QCS-0429-2, as described above. Happening to both my account and my wife's account (maybe two Venmo accounts is the problem?).

Credentials verified on Venmo.com. Waited 24 hours to try again. Still nothing. Thanks for any tips!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, the issues with Venmo are still ongoing. If you are receiving a QCS-0429-2 error, this is due to too many failed attempts. After this error has cleared after 24 hours, you will most likely return to the 103 error.

Our Alert here can be followed for updates on the known 103 errors with Venmo:

Due to the extended nature of the ongoing issue, I'd also suggest contacting Venmo directly to help make them aware of the issue.

We appreciate everyone's continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• twright6
    twright6 Member
    Options

Interesting, I have never had this issue with Mint, a free product.
    Since September doesn't sound very encouraging!

• ZhengQY421
    ZhengQY421 Member
    Options

I've ran into this issue before on Mint. This is not an issue with Simplifi, but rather Venmo's poor integration with external partners.

• jonarnell
    Options

I am having this issue as well, for the last 3 days. Was working OK before that.

• Snap
    Snap Member
    Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ZhengQY421
    ZhengQY421 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie
    I made a customized Google Sheet conversion tool as a manual workaround. There are detailed instructions inside the Google sheet.
    Using it is fairly straightforward; you just need to download your Venmo transactions, upload it into the sheet, download the converted Simplifi sheet, and upload it into Simplifi.

This tool can be converted into an online porting tool/feature in Simplifi as a backup when Venmo fails like this periodically. The regex equations I used are inside the sheet. It should be fairly straightforward to implement if you have access to Venmo's public API.

• bellassaije
    bellassaije Member
    Options

@ZhengQY421

Thank you for making this tool! Super easy to use, and it worked perfectly. I wonder if when the account manages to reconnect, there will then be duplicate transactions for all of the manually uploaded ones. But a great workaround for now. Thanks for sharing!

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Venmo was working for a month or so, not 100% smooth as I had to re enter 2nd factor code twice, but this morning, Venmo 103 error and now it's not connecting.

• Bodiene007
    Bodiene007 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Is there any update on this? I am a new customer as of 2/16/2024. Venmo is the only account that I am having any connection issues with. I'm getting the same FDP-103. I have verified that my credentials are correct on the Venmo website. I even attempted to change passwords to my Venmo account, then delete Venmo and re-add on Simplifi, using the new credentials. I immediately had the same connection error code, FDP-103.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Bodiene007,

There haven't been any updates yet. It is still an ongoing issue that is in work with no ETA. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you bookmark the Community Alert so that you will receive any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved:

Sorry I don't have better news!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.