FDP-103 error with Venmo

Options

Comments

• Joe Aiks
    Options

I love it when my posts go unacknowledged, really shows much the simplifi folks are "actively working" the problem. We are getting ready for another "ONGOING 12/30" post with no new info.

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

Bump! Please fix!

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

it seems the issue is on Venmo’s side. I can login using the Venmo app but can’t login using the website. I am getting an OAuth error.

• JLarm
    Options

I am also experiencing this issue - just started migrating my data over from Mint today, I'm hoping this is resolved in the next week or two - this feels like a 30 minute fix that just hasn't gotten the resource allocated to it.

• kahsieh
    Options

I'm also experiencing this issue and it prevents me from using Simplifi effectively. I have no problem logging in on Venmo's website.

• Nathan815
    Nathan815 Member
    Options

I am getting error "FDP-102" for Venmo currently. It just says try again later. Venmo hasn't been working for me for a week now. It worked when I first added it, then stopped.

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Blackbird I had the same issue, Venmo has locked your account due to their system detecting potential account compromise - It was a security measure that I believe stemmed from the connection with Quicken Simplifi. You will need to reach out to Venmo for them to unlock your account. This issue seems to be on Quicken Simplifi's end though.

See below post, they know about the issue. I don't know what's taking so long to get it resolved. Venmo is a huge business, so I would think Quicken would bump this up to high priority on their end…

• SpotMeter
    SpotMeter Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie, as you can see from this and multiple other posts in this forum, this is a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. There are countless users experiencing this issue and as I they are coming here from Mint. Many young people uses Venmo for most of their transactions and this problem is a deal breaker for using Simplifi. I am 60 and this is becoming a mayor problem for me too. Can you please make sure they hear our voice?

Thank you

Edwin

SpotMeter

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Nathan815, thanks for posting!

It looks like the 102 error you were receiving with Venmo has now turned into a 103 error, which is a known issue:

For now, please be sure to follow the Alert for updates on this known issue.

-Coach Natalie

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

@SpotMeter You might need to @her to make sure she sees @Coach Natalie

• SpotMeter
    SpotMeter Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie as you can see from this and multiple other posts in this forum, this is a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. There are countless users experiencing this issue and as Me, they are coming here from Mint. Many young people uses Venmo for most of their transactions and this problem is a deal breaker for using Simplifi. I am 60 and this is becoming a mayor problem for me too. Can you please make sure they hear our voice?

Thank you

SpotMeter

SpotMeter

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

fyi, I also get this code when unsuccessfully logging into Venmo Care Code: QCS-0429-2. Not sure if these codes are all related or not. This is a log in from Chrome web browser on Mac. @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, as soon as an update or new information becomes available on the 103 error with Venmo, we'll be sure to update our Alert accordingly, so please be sure to follow along there:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

None of us are looking to sit still and wait for the next month's update to be "ongoing with no ETA".

We are looking for some assistance from an internal team member to let management/developers know how much their customer's care about such an issue and how crucial it is. We want to know that Quicken (It's employees that actually have something to do with the issue) understands how big of an issue this is. We aren't paying for a product to have it work half the time…

I could understand if Venmo had a small customer base, but this is a massive platform. This is akin to Simplifi not being able to connect with Citibank or Capital One banking…. It's kind of a big deal, but you seem to continue to give empty responses on the matter, frustrating your customers that are looking for assistance.

• Humanleg86
    Humanleg86 Member ✭✭
    Options

what they said!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Max1223 & @MikeyB, the QCS-0429-2 error is from too many failed attempts. This error requires 24 hours of no attempts to clear. Once cleared, you will most likely return to the 103 error:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Unfortunately, we don't have any further information or insight to provide on the known issue. We are aware of the issue and the impact, and we are actively working with our service provider to resolve it. Although I'm not sure where the issue lies or what's involved in fixing it, rest assured that we are aware and working on it. Once any news or an ETA on a fix becomes available, we will update the alert accordingly.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration, and we appreciate everyone's patience.

-Coach Natalie

• jcweng
    jcweng Member
    Options

Have the same issue.

• KDC1996
    KDC1996 Member ✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

Update to all, since no Quicken representative has given the slightest update on the current status of this.

I tried today and was able to re-connect to Venmo successfully without the 103 error… for now.

Worth a try for all of you. Maybe comment on if it worked for you or not so others can see.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Venmo seems to be working again. Thanks to the team. Hope the fix sticks!

• Bill N
    Options

It stopped working….

• Bill N
    Options

It worked for a few hours and then stop working.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Bill N,

You also posted a similar statement on the Venmo FDP-103 discussion. Which error are you getting?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Mike B
    Mike B Member
    Options

Yup. Still broken. Initially says enter credentials and then after you enter you get error: "We are unable to update Venmo at this time. Please try again later. If you continue to experience issues, please contact Simplifii support. 
    Care Code: QCS-0429-2"

If you delete the Venmo account and re-add it, it will work for a few hours or a day initially then you get the same prompt asking you for credentials again. Same cycle over and over.

• oop
    oop Member
    Options

When I try to link Venmo it says my credentials are wrong when they aren't, and fails to connect

• oop
    oop Member
    Options

This error is happening again Jan 2024

• Satch
    Satch Member
    Options

Me, too. Can't add Venmo account. Same errors. Did all the troubleshooting and hacking. Nothing works.

Pretty amazing this is still a problem. For all the money Intuit has sucked out of me, I would think they could throw some of it on this obvious problem and kill it.

• Mike B
    Mike B Member
    Options

So I opened a support ticket with Venmo and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us, I'm sorry to know that you are facing error when trying to connect your Venmo account to Quicken Simplifi, let me check this for you.

We're glad to hear that you're wanting to link your Venmo profile to Quicken Simplifi to track your spending. While Venmo no longer has a direct integration with Mint, Quicken Simplifi, QuickBooks and other Intuit products, you may still be able to pair your csv transaction history files to mint every month. Please utilize the link below in order to view your Transaction History: https://venmo.com/account/statement.

If you would like, we also provide the ability to download your transaction history as a CSV file by clicking the “Download CSV” button next to the view button. If you are unable to pair this transaction history with Mint, I would encourage reaching out to their support team at https://mint.intuit.com/support/en-us.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter, and I apologize for any inconvenience you have faced. If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know!

• twright6
    twright6 Member
    Options

I can usually reconnect, but within hours, a day at the most it errors out again. My guess is 2FA is in the way and Simplifi can't fix or doesn't care.

This discussion has been closed.