Unlink mis-linked transfers

Options
nicko
nicko Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Troubleshooting

Hello Simplifi team,

I keep experiencing transfers. Recently I transferred $1,000 to my checking account (checking account 1). When this cleared it was not linked to the transaction in our other account (checking account 2). When I looked at the checking account 2 transaction it was linked to an older transaction for the same amount in checking account 1. There was no option to "unlink" the transaction for a transfer. Can you please tell me how to resolve this? Thank you.

This is not a recurring transfer just something I did manually.

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing happens to me. It can be a pain to figure out.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what I typically do to work around this, is delete the new part of the auto-linked transfer, then recreate it with a slightly different dollar amount, then once both sides of that traansaction are made right, changing the transaction amount back.

Rob Wilkens

• nicko
    nicko Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks @RobWilk that is a "hacky" way to handle this. It is also not a solution someone who is not tech savvy would be able to figure out. It should be straight forward to allow the user to unlink a transfer. Between this issue and the regular duplicate transactions more and more I don't feel I can trust the data from Simplifi. 🙁

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@nicko i gather most users of this software are trained programmers, judging from these forums and the comments throughout.

Rob Wilkens

• nicko
    nicko Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie can you or someone from the team help out here?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At this point, I'd say either:

(1) This is a bug, but to be honest, I think it was designed this way. Maybe it wasn't the best design, but it has advantages (and obvious disadvantages).

(2) Since it was designed this way (assuming we agree), I suggest creating an idea post to change the design so people can vote on it — this 100% would get my vote. Just be prepared for a potential multi-year wait for this kind of change (based on some other idea posts with lots of votes), assuming it gets enough votes.

Rob Wilkens

• nicko
    nicko Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Coach Natalie thank you! I am guessing it must get old handling all the complaints and such. You always respond well and try to help. It doesn't got unnoticed and wanted to say thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

I'm happy to help, @nicko! 😊

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.