Unable to connect to some Billers - Verizon, PayPal, and PenFed (edited)

Options
DrTonyMas
DrTonyMas Member
edited October 2023 in Bills and Income

I have most of my Billers connected so that the min payments and due dates change with the next bill. I'm having issues though with a couple. Verizon (wireless and home), PayPal and PenFed. Verizon is telling me that my login is locked (it isn't cause I just signed in to their site), PayPal and PenFed says we are trying to connect and they will notify me if they need anything else. Tried searching the posts (at least for PayPal) and didn't see anything.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I do not have an answer, but I will share I tried using the "Connect Billers" option for the first time in a long time, and the very first biller (alphabetically) I tried to connect was Adobe Creative Cloud, and what I found was that for about 5-10 minutes (and counting) it's been showing me a 'please wait' (spinny) animation as seen here:

(The animation is by the giant "A")

Ah - Now it updated back to the credential prompt, where this message was displayed:

Edit: I wasn't able to link a single biller, and I tried about five. Even Geico gave me:

Which sounds like what you're reporting. @Coach Natalie may have to file a bug report on this.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"new" (old) information I found by searching the forum:

According to @Coach Natalie (I'll link below): "For any Billers that say "We're working on linking…", these are not yet supported,"

Source post, the August 8 reply here (just a month ago):

So, I at least I have my own answer and part of your answer. Verizon is the only one not explained.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @DrTonyMas,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to some of your Billers in Simplifi.

What @RobWilk provided is still correct — if a Biller says that they're working on linking, it means they're not yet supported but our Biller Service Provider is working on adding them. Unfortunately, we don't have ETA's to provide for these types of scenarios.

When it comes to your Verizon Biller, however, I do see that it's in a locked state and the message mentions MFA. Were you asked to perform MFA with this Biller in Simplifi? I did go ahead and get this issue reported so the account can be unlocked and you can give it another try. I'll let you know when we hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• DrTonyMas
    Options

I retried linking my Verizon accounts and it now seems to work. Thanks for your help. Simplifi is really helping us manage our finances. Hopefully I'm using the site correctly in doing so.

This discussion has been closed.