Upcoming Transaction Reminder is no longer cleared for pending transactions on mobile (edited)

Options
akreft
akreft Member
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

Since the latest update, upcoming transaction reminders are no longer cleared for pending transactions. This means that many of my reminders will now say Past for a few days until the transaction clears. This clutters my reminders list with past due transactions even though the transaction has posted as expected. This was not the behavior up to this point. Previously, reminders would be removed from the list when a pending transaction is posted. I would prefer to have it this way. I did check to make sure that the recurring series is linked to the transaction. Was this an intentional change?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@akreft, thanks for posting!

I'm not aware of any changes regarding the linking of pending transactions to reminders, and I'm not personally experiencing an issue. Have you tried manually linking the reminder to the transaction while it's still pending to help teach Simplifi that they're supposed to be linked? Simplifi is designed to learn over time, so hopefully some manual intervention will help.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ianmclendon
    Options

I’m experiencing this issue as well, and a new wrinkle that just started only on the mobile app which is that deleting the reminder now deletes the linked transaction. Definitely a bug!

• ianmclendon
    Options

Update, I can mark the linked pending transaction as cleared and the reminder disappears on the mobile app

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ianmclendon, thanks for posting!

Once a transaction is linked to a Reminder, the Reminder should be removed from "Upcoming". Therefore, you shouldn't see a Reminder that's been linked to even be able to delete. However, if you're deleting a transaction, even a future-dated transaction which will show in "Upcoming" as a Reminder until the day of, this will delete the transaction itself.

If you're experiencing something different, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app to see if doing so clears things up. If the trouble persists, please create a separate post to outline that particular issue since this thread is for a different topic.

Screenshots and examples can help a ton as well!

-Coach Natalie

• akreft
    akreft Member
    Options

I reinstalled the app and I still find that linked transactions are not removed from the Upcoming list until the transaction is cleared. That is new behavior in the most recent update and undesirable in my mind. I would like to see pending linked transactions removed from the Upcoming list as well.

• Josh_Currier
    Josh_Currier Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is defiantly a new bug. I have been with simplifi for a while so i get most of the ins and outs.

For some reason on ONLY the mobile app some reminders wont go away and show as past due. On the web app its completly cleared and off the list of reminders.

on the mobile app if you go into the upcoming section where it shows all the reminders THEY ARE CLEARED THERE. But if you drill into an individual account you will still show the reminder.

deleting the reminder on the mobile app for sure breaks things. so temporarily i am working on just the web version.

• Josh_Currier
    Josh_Currier Member ✭✭✭
    Options

some of it appears that for some reason transactions are showing as pending still when they shouldn't.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Josh_Currier & @akreft, would one or both of you mind providing screenshots of what you're seeing on the Mobile App versus the Web App? Screenshots of the Reminders in question from both locations, as well as the transactions they're linked to showing that they're linked, would be wonderful. I think we received another report of this issue here as well, and I'd like to get it reported.

In addition to the screenshots/examples of the issue, we'll also need the Make, Model, and OS of the device you're using the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on. And we will also need your logs, which can be submitted via the 'Send Feedback' option from the Web App (this includes the logs for mobile as well):

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• Josh_Currier
    Josh_Currier Member ✭✭✭
    Options

i uninstalled the app and a new version was released yesterday. if the issues comes back up again i will attach some pics. Right now it isnt there but i have no reminders that need to be cleared at the moment.

• akreft
    akreft Member
    Options

I would like to report that reminders with corresponding Pending transactions are still showing in the Upcoming section on the Dashboard and All Transactions pages in the mobile app. They do not appear on the Upcoming page. They also do not appear in the web app on any pages.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@akreft, please provide the above-requested information (see here) and we'd be happy to take a closer look.

-Coach Natalie

• akreft
    akreft Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

iPhone 14 Pro Max

iOS 17.0.3

Pending transactions are linked to reminders but the reminders are still showing. This only happens on mobile dashboard and all transactions screens.

[edited image to reduce size]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thank you, @akreft!

In order to submit a bug ticket for this issue, please provide a screenshot of the upcoming carousel for this same account on the Web App so we have a comparison view. I see that the 3 Reminders displayed at the top of your mobile screenshot match some of the transactions listed below, and those transactions show that they're linked to a Recurring Series, so this is great; we just need a comparison of the Web App.

Also, just to confirm, if you delete the Reminders in question, it also deletes the transaction it's linked to, correct? Also, do you just see the Reminders in question in the upcoming carousel at the top of your transaction list on the Mobile App, or do you see them in other areas of the Mobile App as well, such as the Spending Plan or the Upcoming section? And what happens when the transaction clears — does the 'Past' Reminder just go away? We need to outline the specific behavior for a bug report.

Additionally, it appears that you didn't submit feedback. Please do so by following these steps:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@akreft, @Josh_Currier, & @ianmclendon, I found out that our product team is aware of this issue and it's expected to be fixed with the next mobile release of 4.13.0. 🥳

-Coach Natalie

• akreft
    akreft Member
    Options

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.