Fidelity HSA accounts fail to add (edited)

Options
MinB
MinB Member ✭✭

I tried unsuccessfully to add a recently opened Fidelity HSA account today. After entering account credentials and doing the MFA, I got a pop up message saying all accounts were already added. I don’t have any other fidelity accounts and it’s the first time I’ve tried to connect this bank. Fidelity is not listed in my account list

I used the mobile app and haven’t yet tried from my computer, not sure if this makes any difference.

I saw elsewhere there may be an issue with Fidelity syncing correct data with Simplifi, but didn’t see anything about account setup- not sure if I’m posting this issue in the correct place here on the forum

Screenshot attached

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@MinB, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to add your new Fidelity HSA account. Have you tried adding the account from the Quicken Simplifi Web App yet, by chance? If not, I'd definitely suggest giving this a try, as I've seen other users have success in one location and not the other with various banks, so this may work for you.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest trying some of the different "Fidelity" options listed in Simplifi to see if any of them work for your specific account type. It looks like there are quite a few Fidelity options, so it may just be a matter of finding the right one.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• MinB
    MinB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have tried on the web and same result a pop up message after login saying you’ve already added all your fidelity accounts. The other fidelity account options listed don’t apply, I am indeed using the correct Fidelity on Simplifi. The login seems to succeed, it’s just that simplifi says I’ve already added all of my fidelity accounts

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @MinB!

Let's go ahead and get this escalated as a missing accounts case. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?)
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    5. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

If you'd prefer to share any of this info privately, you may send it to me via a DM here in the Community. We look forward to getting this resolved for you!

-Coach Natalie

• JAinSTL
    Options

Was a solution found for this? Fidelity stopped linking in September for me. When it started to work again, only our 401k account updates. The HSA account is no longer connected and can't be found.

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@JAinSTL, no solution has been found. I was unable to even get the last report escalated due to no response. If you'd like to provide the above-requested information (see here), we can get your case escalated! 😀

Edit: We need one more piece of info since yours is occurring on an existing account — The name of the account, as it appears in Simplifi.

-Coach Natalie

• WVMtnYeti
    WVMtnYeti Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. It allows me to enter login credentials for Fidelity but tells me all accounts have been added.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@WVMtnYeti, thanks for reaching out!

If you're unable to add your IRA accounts with Fidelity in Simplifi, please follow our Alert for updates on this known issue:

If the issue pertains to an HSA account with Fidelity as reported by other users in this thread, please provide the following information that was requested above:

2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?)
    5. If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    6. The name of the account as it appears on the bank's website.
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• WinstonTeracina
    WinstonTeracina Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Adding another data point. I'm also a Fidelity customer who has not been able to connect my HSA nor my IRA (already following the existing IRA thread).

1. Yes; recent transactions include a bi-weekly payroll deposit, interest income and purchase of investable securities
      1. No, this account is managed by Fidelity and appears on my Fidelity Dashboard accounts page.
      1. No, this is a standalone account, but please see additional comment below
      1. No
    5. If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
      1. This is not occurring on an existing Simplifi account, I have not been able to connect this account since I became a member.
      1. The name on the website is: Health Savings Account (Fidelity allows you to "rename" accounts on its website so this is likely different from the original default name given to the account)
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

I'm also pasting the link to a recent thread as I think this may be a related issue. Like the Fidelity CMA accounts, the HSA account in Fidelity is what I would call a "hybrid" account. It's could be considered a checking account but the account allows for the purchase of investment securities. The "cash" portion of the account housed at UMB Bank, which I confirmed by looking up the rounting information on my HSA account: 101205681

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@WinstonTeracina, thanks for the info! I went ahead and got your case escalated and will let everyone know as soon as I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10536374

• simpluser23
    simpluser23 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm also experiencing this issue with a Fidelity Roth IRA account

[removed - privacy/relevancy]

• WinstonTeracina
    Options

@simpluser23

FYI, there is an existing thread for Fidelity IRAs which I've inserted below, but I'm not sure why discussions have been closed without an update or resolution. Perhaps @Coach Natalie can confirm if that is still the best place to track the issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@simpluser23, thanks for reaching out!

Yes, the issue with Fidelity IRA accounts is known, and @WinstonTeracina provided the correct Alert link to follow for updates; this thread is regarding missing HSA accounts with Fidelity. The Alert provided is still the proper place to follow the issue with IRA accounts. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• jonejl19
    Options

i just joined Simplifi and am really disappointed this problem hasn’t been resolved. I haven’t been able to link my HSA nor my Roth IRA.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jonejl19, I'm sorry to hear you're also being impacted by missing accounts with Fidelity!

We can certainly escalate what you're seeing with the HSA account if you'd like to provide the above-requested information (see here):

5. The name of the account as it appears on the bank's website.
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

For missing Roth IRA accounts with Fidelity, please be sure to follow our known issue here:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@WinstonTeracina, thanks for your patience as this issue is being researched!

We've received an update from our service provider and they'd like us to schedule a debugging session with you. For that, I need to gather your general availability over the next few weeks. Also, can you confirm that the phone on file for your Quicken Account is your best contact number, please?

-Coach Natalie

• WinstonTeracina
    Options

@Coach Natalie, thank you so much; I'd be happy to participate in troubleshooting this issue. The phone number (and e-mail address) on my profile is up-to-date and would be fine to use as my primary contact.

As far as my availability, I actually live abroad in a country with a significant time difference to the U.S., but I will be back in the states from November 11th until December 1st (PST time). I should be able to make myself available during that window if that works for you team.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@WinstonTeracina, I don't think scheduling a few weeks out is going to be an issue at all. Do you know what your availability will look like the week of November 13th as well as the week of the 20th?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• WinstonTeracina
    WinstonTeracina Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I should be free anytime after 2:30 PST for the week of November 13th and also from November 20th-22nd.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@WinstonTeracina, thanks!

I have requested the session, so you should receive an email with a confirmed date and time. I'll let you know if I see anything from my end as well, though. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8051

• Khufu I
    Options

I’m seeing the exact same problem with a similar setup. If you need another data point for troubleshooting I would be happy to help out.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Khufu I, I'm sorry to hear that you're also unable to connect your Fidelity HSA account in Quicken Simplifi!

We can certainly submit an escalation for you if you'd like. To do so, you'll want to provide the above-requested information as follows:

Feel free to DM any of this info if you'd prefer to keep it private. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• JoeCam
    Options

I am also having the same issue with Quicken not finding my Fidelity HSA account. I’m trying out Quicken because Mint is going away. Fidelity HSA accounts are working fine with Mint.

• Construct5292
    Options

I have the same issue. I have also run into the IRA/Roth IRA issue that is separately linked above in this thread; but my HSA account with Fidelity is also not showing up in Simplifi.

• Benay
    Options

I am having this issue as well with adding a Fidelity IRA (it says I have already added it when I have not), and even though I had wanted to use Simplifi going forward, this is going to be a dealbreaker for me if it’s not resolved by the time my trial period ends. Both Mint and Monarch Money were easily able to connect to Fidelity the first time I tried, so I’m not sure why Simplifi cannot resolve this problem after what looks to have been a significant length of time.

• BeckyBuck
    Options

I am also having the issue with Quicken not finding my Fidelity HSA. I'm switching from Mint and Mint finds all of my Fidelity accounts. Quicken allows me to connect my 401K, Brokerage, and ESPP accounts, but not my HSA.

• domg1
    domg1 Member
    Options

I am also unable to connect my Fidelity HSA to Simplifi

• kielmc
    Options

Same issue for me. Can add Fidelity 401k, but cannot add Fidelity HSA.

• WinstonTeracina
    Options

Wow, lots of recent interest in this topic, seemingly from all the Mint users being forced to jump ship! Was opening a Fidelity HSA a prerequisite for you all? 😆

• domg1
    domg1 Member
    Options

Fidelity is one of the largest providers for financial services, and it’s pretty odd that Simplifi can only connect to Fidelity 401k accounts while their competitors have been able to connect to all types of Fidelity accounts for years.

I think it’s a valid concern for many new users coming from other products to bring up.

• WinstonTeracina
    Options

Agree completely and I wasn't trying to diminish the importance of getting this resolved, just that this topic really seemed to pick up with the recent announcement of Mint ending service soon. Hoping this is fixed soon for the sake of all Fidelity customers (including me).

This discussion has been closed.