System
System Administrator admin
edited February 22 in Feedback

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Unable to connect to bofa, Citibank, chase credit cards for bill amount

Comments

• RiversideKid
    Options

I am amazed that my Quicken product can connect to Citibank with MFA just fine, every week for many years and yet Simplifi by Quicken cannot handle MFA at all and I must disable MFA before each connection in order to update.

Why doesn't Simplifi by Quicken use the same connection technology that Quicken has used successfully?

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @RiversideKid!

We're hoping that switching to Citi's OAuth API in the next few months will resolve all of these connection issues for our users. You can follow along here for updates on the API connections, as well as check out our support article here. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the good news and the links, Coach Natalie. I have bookmarked these and will follow the bouncing ball. 😁

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• amy.sparkman
    Options

I just signed up for Simplifi and I can't use it because I can't get it to connect to Citibank. I don't have a 2-step login set with Citibank but I keep getting the message: The current multi-factor authentication method at Citibank is not supported. To connect to your account, you must change the multi-factor authentication method at Citibank.
    Care Code: FDP-192

I think I may just delete my Simplified account and find another app that will work for me.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@amy.sparkman, it sounds like you're experiencing the known issue with 192 errors:

Until we migrate to Citi's API, which should hopefully resolve this issue, we do have a suggestion of disabling MFA with Citi directly before attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi. This should allow you to get past the 192 error in the meantime. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Marcin
    Marcin Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. MFA is not enabled so I can't disable it.

• Marcin
    Marcin Member ✭✭
    Options

BTW Simplifi was able to fetch list of Citi accounts so it actually makes it past login. It just fails to fetch transactions.

• Marcin
    Marcin Member ✭✭
    Options

Also if you can't provide reasonable timeline to fix this I will need a refund of my annual subscription that I just paid.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If it makes anyone else feel better, I have one (technically, two) citi accounts, and they (both) work fine with Simplifi. One is a Citi Costco Anywhere Visa and the other is a Best Buy store card issued by Citi. I did have to leave 2-factor turned off, but I'm aware re-enabling it may be an option in coming months if they support it.

I kind of am more annoyed by 2-factor authentication, right now chase (not in simplifi) asks me to do 2-factor every single time i log in to their website. Same for PayPal. It used to be that you did it once and it set a cookie that your computer is authorized, but now I guess they decided that isn't secure.

Rob Wilkens

• David Yao
    Options

I am a new user from Mint trying out Simplifi today and I also cannot add Citibank, despite that 2FA is turned off (was never turned on) on Citi side. The error codes alternate between 192 and 102. It seems that the suggested workaround of "disabling MFA with Citi directly before attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi" no longer works for new users trying to add a Citi account.

This is unfortunate since I have most of my transactions on Citi.

• lemur
    lemur Member
    Options

Another Mint refugee here, and I find this baffling. Mint has been working for years with all kinds of MFA and accounts. So far Simplifi fails to connect to my credit union, and apparently I have to disable 2FA to connect to Citi—which is not something I'm willing to do. I don't know if I'm going to bother trying more accounts. These are already my two most critical.

• Dante710
    Options

What's going on with this website, I paid $40+ just to find out i can't connect my citi bank, mad customer here please fix

• Kelsey
    Options

I am having the same problem. No MFA set up, but I still cannot connect to Citibank. Has there been any progress on this front?

• David Yao
    Options

I was able to eventually connect to Citi by simply waiting 24-48 hours after the initial failed attempts to add the account, but not sure if it was just lucky. Once connected the sync seems to work so far for ~2 weeks now.

• brokenchord
    brokenchord Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I was having the same problem connecting my Citi credit card, even though I initially did not have MFA setup. It eventually started working. Here's what I did:

• On the Citi site, enabled MFA.
    • Waited until the next day.
    • On the CIti site, disabled MFA.
    • Waited until the next day.
    • In Simplifi, I connected the account without an error and it has been syncing ever since (over a week or so)

Not sure if this was just luck or something that I did. I may have tried other things during this time like clearing cookies and logging into Citi each time to verify the MFA was enabled or disabled.

• ian_0
    Options

It's honestly absurd that Simplifi would suggest removing MFA as a solution. Please fix this.

• OT9999
    Options

Another Mint refugee here. Cannot connect/sync my Citi checking account. 2FA is disabled. What do I need to do? Mint was free and worked well, for 40 bucks a year this is unacceptable.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we are still seeing the following issues with Citi:

The Alerts have some suggestions that will hopefully help users connect successfully. However, we're hoping to see these issues resolved once the OAuth API connection rolls out for Citi; this thread can be followed for updates on the API connections:

We apologize for the issues and appreciate everyone's continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• ppasknyc
    ppasknyc Member
    Options

I am having the 2fa issue with Citi also. I am definitely NOT turning off 2FA for security purposes. When is the switch to the Citi API happening?

• Bill N
    Options

This is still an issue in 2024?

• Architect_BRLA
    Options

Same issue for me. Just switched from Mint, and I can't believe a paid app doesn't have this functionality.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ppasknyc As I replied to your other thread with thet same question, Citi OAUTH appears to be there for me. There was a lightning bolt next to citi, if i clicked it it said there was an improved connection (resetting the account is also an option, or readdding it), sign in was on the citi website, I believe 2-step worked too.

Rob Wilkens

• ppasknyc
    ppasknyc Member
    Options

are you talking about the quicken simplifi product or the windows quicken software? I still don’t see the 0Auth? I’ll try to readd it but so far I get the same “multi factor not supported error”

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ppasknyc For me, for my costco anywhere visa by citi, it is there. However, I've heard they are rolling it out which may mean not everyone has it yet. Also, it apparently doesn't apply to all kinds of citibank accounts, only certain ones. For example, my citi best buy card does not (yet) support it.

Rob Wilkens

• ekas
    ekas Member
    Options

Is there a fix for this yet? I'm finally getting my account setup, as I come to this from Mint. I tried a host of items - enabling MFA, Disabling, etc, etc, Everytime I just get a blank screen with URL auth.citi.com both in the mobile app as well as in the desktop website.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't be surprise if citi itself is having an outage. If the url is 'auth.citi.com' then what you're seeing is coming from the citi server (or in this case, isn't, but should be).

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ekas, please give it a try from a different browser as outlined in our Alert here:

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.