Linking Financial Institutions (Billing-Credit)

Options
qrhouse
qrhouse Member
edited November 2023 in Feedback

There are some notable financial institutions and credit companies missing when trying to link recurring Transfers (US Bank & Chase). So hopefully I'm not the only one requesting they be added when creating a recurring transaction. It doesn't make sense how you can add the accounts on Simplifi but not as Billers. For example, both US Bank and US Bank Credit Card are available as Institutions, but I can't connect my recurring transfer to the institution and it has to be manual. Would love to see this changed.

Venmo Credit Card is also not an option even though you can add your Venmo account. I see that as an issue or a few Budgeting programs, but hope it joins the list soon. Venmo credit card technically goes through Synchrony, but I tried linking with that and my Venmo credentials were rejected as expected.

In short, would love to see the institutions that you can add as accounts be eligible to connect with recurring billing. It doesn't make sense that you can add one and not the other. Having to manually check the recurring Transfers everything month and updating accounts manually with transactions is a pain 🙃

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@qrhouse, thanks for sharing your feedback!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as you'll want to go about requesting these items a different way. For each Bill Connect request, you'll want to create a separate post in the Report Missing Financial Institution section of the Community and include the URL used when signing into the Biller's website, similar to the requests here and here.

With that said, however, there are some Billers you mentioned that we may not be able to do anything about, such as Chase. It's my understanding that Chase discontinued their bill pay service, so they're no longer available to connect to as a Biller in general. For U.S. Bank and Venmo, I'm also not seeing this in Quicken Simplifi for Bill Connect, nor am I finding a request for either of them. I think U.S. Bank may be working on an upgraded connection, so hopefully this becomes available again in the future. You are welcome to create Bill Connect requests for each of these and include the sign-in URL so we can keep them updated with new information if/when it becomes available.

Also, just to clarify, we use a different service provider for online banking versus connecting billers via Bill Connect. This is why you may see some available for one connection and not the other. For example, Capital One is a huge credit card company that's never been supported by Bill Connect. Tons of people connect to the institution for banking but are unable to do so for bills (myself included). There are a lot of other big institutions, like Citi and Wells Fargo, that are also currently not supported for Bill Connect (see here).

I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing your individual requests!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.