PayPal shows debit for PayPal Mastercard which is duplicate for bank debit

Options
simplira
simplira Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

As subject says, I show two debits for PayPal Mastercard payment. One debit shows up in PayPal account transactions and other in Bank account transactions. The app matches to PayPal Mastercard credit to PayPal debit transaction leaving Bank transaction unconnected.

Also all other credit card transactions are duplicated in PayPal activity as well.

How do people deal with this. Just remove the PayPal Mastercard account?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I, unfortunately for this, closed my PayPal Mastercard.

My reasons for doing such: It was over a 30% APR. Yes, in 2018 I went through a bankruptcy and have been rebuilding credit since then, but now my remaining credit cards are around 17.99-25.99% APR. Yes, the 3% cashback at PayPal was nice, but I'm working towards lower APRs now and Paypal (synchrony) was unable to work with me on lowering it.

As per the paypal "bank account balance" I have (but do not track in simplifi) the kind of paypal account that can hold a balance, but I find if i tracked it here in Quicken Simplifi, I would have difficulty where a charge happened both in the paypal account AND on the credit card ("real account") side - it would be like i was double charging. I just don't track that account here any longer.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.