Custom categories not imported from Mint CSV

Options
Marcin
Marcin Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

I had custom categories in Mint and already recreated them in Simplifi before import.

Unfortunately all transactions in these categories ended up as Uncategorized.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Coach Natalie or others who have used the import from Mint or using a CSV file will have more insights about this, but according to this support article Simplifi doesn’t import categories.

This article does talk about importing from Mint but not having used Mint, I don’t know how that would work. I did a “fresh start” when I moved to Simplifi and only imported what my connected banks downloaded beginning with a set date. If I need financial date prior to that date I can get it from my previous data set in my previous accounting app.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

For anyone experiencing an issue importing from Mint, please be aware that currently, only top level categories can be imported from Mint (which would be the default categories, not custom ones). However, we are working on making category import from Mint a reality. Please follow this Idea post for updates:

Thank you.

-Coach Kristina

Answers

• madmoondog
    madmoondog Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

[removed] allows you to match your import categories to correlating ones within their platform. [removed] also allows you to import the entire file vs having to break out by account. It's not rocket science to make that type of functionality available on Simplifi especially given the Quicken name behind it

• jfrylove
    jfrylove Member
    Options

I tried the Category Import Hack. Basically naming categories the same in Simplifi as in Mint…then since the categories are an exact match, they should upload. NEGATIVE - They all end up as Uncategorized. When importing, you can only import to Original Simplifi categories. :-( I like Simplifi buy, may have to fly away like a butterfly :-(

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I unfortunately, had the same result.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.