Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) FDP-187 error [edited]

Options
sswinson
sswinson Member

I am attempting to add my tsp.gov account to simplifi and its erroring, is there a known issue with this?

The connector asks me for a security question, which I am answering correctly, and then tells me that I need to enable MFA.
MFA is turned on for this account and I have been able to connect to it through other services before.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like someone reported problems a year ago, but didn't answer questions about details so it was closed….

@Coach Natalie will probably ask similar questions when/if she comes into work later today.

Rob Wilkens

• sswinson
    Options

Thanks,

Answers to Natalie's questions from last year…

This is the first time attempting to connect to this account in Simplifi.

As previously stated, Simplifi is prompting for a security question and answer, but when I answer that correctly it errors and returns this error message:

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@sswinson, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to connect to Thrift Savings Plan in Quicken Simplifi. I have a few questions to better understand the issue:

• When prompted to perform MFA with Thrift Savings Plan in Quicken Simplifi, are you given any other options besides answering a security question?
    • Is the security question being asked something that's on file with the bank?
    • What MFA options are available via the bank's website?
    • Are you prompted to perform MFA when signing in on the bank's website? If not, can you try signing in through a different browser or in incognito mode to see if you are then required to perform MFA, please?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• sswinson
    Options

Thanks for your response.

I was actually able to get this resolved by removing my security question completely from the tsp.gov account settings, this seems like it forced the Simplifi connector to use SMS authentication instead.

I must have had the security question answer wrong..

• mvill
    Options

So it IS possible link TSP to this service for investment analysis?

• TRS_One
    TRS_One Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes it seems like it is possible. I had TOTP (app based 2FA) only and Simplifi would not connect. I then added SMS 2FA (in addition to TOTP) to TSP, then I was able to connect TSP to simplifi. Waiting to see how it handles the allocations (EG C fund, S fund, etc.) though…

This discussion has been closed.