Please create a native iPad App (7 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

Is your product team still looking for folks to meet about the iPad app?  I too use an iPad and would be interested in providing feedback.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Flopbot,

That's a great question!

Sadly, it looks like the calendar link is no longer valid, and I was able to confirm that these appointments are no longer taking place at this time.

I'll be sure to post back if anything changes! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • jeffzacharias
    jeffzacharias Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I canceled my Simplifi subscription because after a year they still do not have an iPad app and the iPad experience being so bad, and because they still can't connect to several major bank/brokerages that I use.
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I canceled my Simplifi subscription because after a year they still do not have an iPad app and the iPad experience being so bad, and because they still can't connect to several major bank/brokerages that I use.
    I have not given up hope yet but I am getting to the end of my rope and don't know if I should invest any more time. I have completely given up trying to use simplifi on an ipad because the web interface on all browser's is useless and glitchy.
    They have good bank integration but it does not seem to be expanding despite multiple requests.
    Simplifi is a easy to use and pretty good platform for most users but it is missing so many very basic financial functions. They just don't seem to have anyone on the team with a financial background if that's even possible having quicken to back them. 
    Simplifi, forget the glam and start working on some functionality and reliability. 
  • jaytek
    jaytek Member ✭✭
    Options
    A native iPad version is needed. The scaled iPhone app they offer on iPad is a joke and just plain lazy. I want a full, native iPad app. And preferably this app would support the ability to run on M1 Macs so we actually have a desktop client.
  • MakeItHurt82
    MakeItHurt82 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now that the future spending plans are up and operational, would love to see a native iPad app! The web page renders a bit wonky on my iPad, and with most other FINTECH apps having native iPad support, it’s time for Simplifi to follow!
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes please!
  • Shermani
    Shermani Member ✭✭
    Options
    iPad app is a must! It's been "under consideration" for months (maybe years)!
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't usually use my iPad for Simplifi but recently I was on a trip, so I did.  The transaction window didn't render correctly at all so I ended up entering things on the iPhone.  So definitely need an iPad app!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SRC54 and Others,

I understand this isn’t the ideal solution, but one workaround I’ve found helpful until Simplifi releases an official iPad app is to do the following steps.  I have both the Mobile App (a white icon) and a Desktop App shortcut (a black icon) available on my iPad and find myself using them for different things at different times depending on the task at hand.  Some things are better in one; some things are easier in the other.

(A) Open and log into Simplifi Desktop App in your Safari browser.

(B) Click “Add to Home Screen”.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.  That's basically what I did.

Steve

• n2it
    n2it Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am not sure a separate iPad app is needed, if they would just optimize the web UI to work with an iPad (e.g. make sure pop out windows fit on the screen), I think they’d get a lot less complaints about needing an app.
  • Shermani
    Shermani Member ✭✭
    Options
    Native apps are almost always better than web apps. Let's keep the pressure on for a native iPadOS version of Simplifi.
  • jaytek
    jaytek Member ✭✭
    Options
    "Add to Home Screen" is not a very good solution because the web interface is not optimized for iPad or tablets.
  • jtscanlon
    jtscanlon Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have pinned the web app to my iPad Home Screen. It sucks. The interface is buggy, like trying to open fly out menus when categorizing expenses… half the time they won’t open. The screen has weird scroll issues. But worst of all, the web app is a battery destroyer… my iPad feels like it is on fire and my battery plunges whenever I try to use this pig. It sucks. Intuit, now that you’re charging big boy subscription fees, you need a real tablet app. Please prioritize.
  • KEEBO
    Options
    Also casting a vote for the development of a full iPad version of the program.  This would be so helpful. Thank you. 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's funny that the Android app scales up for tablet sized screens (not just magnifies, like the ipad app does).  They look otherwise like identical apps.

Rather than a native iPad app,  I vote for a 'universal' app that works on iphone and ipad (the existing app should be made universal).  

This page seems to describe pros and cons of universal apps https://blog.rocketinsights.com/ios-universal-apps-when-and-how/

Rob Wilkens

• jeffzacharias
    Options
    At this point, they could create a single native app that runs on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with all the comments above.  I was away from home using my iPad and the experience with Simplifi on Safari is horrible.  Windows are too big and in the wrong places.  It is easier to use the iPhone app on the iPad despite all its disadvantages.

@RobWilk Many people who use Simplifi do so because it doesn't require a PC/Mac so a scaleable app that works in iPad, iMac and IPhone.  Remember there are many different sizes of iPads now.

Steve

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @SRC54 - I've got an iPad, heck I wrote an iPad app in Swift that's in the App Store, and I just today brought my Simplifi App to show spending chart to someone I trust using my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.   It's worth noting, the app looks better on android tablets than it does on an iPad, android tablets scale the display where iPad just blows it up to a magnified size.

My concern  is some basic problems in this service need to be addressed before "luxury" problems get addressed.  For example, right now Simplifi shows me having $77 more than I actually have in checking.  For me, this 'almost' makes the service useless, except i know the data is right on days the bank is open.

Rob Wilkens

• jeffzacharias
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It's been almost 3 years since I created this request for an iPad app. They just don't care.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/581/please-create-a-native-ipad-app-7-merged-votes/p1
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RobWilk @jeffzacharias

It is frustrating that basic things like this don't get addressed.  I reported bugs in Dec 2021 that are still with us in 2023.  As I wrote in my message last month, I am not quite sure what the business model is for Simplifi.  I re-upped for another year but I am taking on faith that this year things will change.  We shall see.

Steve

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone try installing chrome browser to view the web app? Just throwing it out there.
  • avihawver
    avihawver Member
    Options

Another user chiming in to PLEASE make a native iPad/tablet app! Like really just take the desktop website and turn that into an app (with appropriate modifications for iPadOS). I absolutely love the site and find it much easier/more enjoyable to use than the phone app (I like seeing many things at a glance, which phone screens aren't great for), but I'm really craving more portability.

• Dan-in-Virginia
    Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The iPad app interface is long overdue.

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    Options

Using simplifi on an iPad Pro (updated with latest iOS) doesn’t work. The browser (Safari or Chrome) reloads the page every few seconds. Don’t believe me, here’s a screenshot…

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@JWV I wonder what the difference is in your case. So far… it has been working well for me in Safari. I have several content blockers, so I thought maybe they were saving me from whatever it was that is causing the problem for you. But even after I turn them off, the web app still works for me.

Do you want to compare notes at all? Maybe we can at least narrow it down, so they can fix it. It's no iPad app, but it's better than nothing!

• iPad Pro (11-inch) (2nd Generation)
    • iPadOS 17.1.1
    • 128 GB
    • Wi-Fi only

I only use Safari. Although the rendering engine should be the same for all browsers, another browser may introduce other factors. Have you tried with content blockers turned off? Or do you not have any installed?

• lindsayla18
    Options

@JWV, @khad

I am experiencing the same issue, where Simplifi reloads every few seconds and is basically unusable on an iPad. This happens in both Chrome and Safari. I have an iPad Air (4th gen), iOS 17.1.1 , 64GB, Wi-Fi only.

I recently migrated from Mint to Simplifi, and reported the issue on this thread: Slow Performance after importing years worth of transactions

I had more than 16,000 Mint transactions so thought that might be a factor.

I contacted support about the reloading issue. They first recommended I use the Simplifi app instead of a browser. When I pointed out that when you launch the app on an iPad it directs you to use a browser, the support agent basically said "oh yes, well what we meant was to use a browser on a different device, like a laptop."

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the response I got… clearly Simplifi only works on a COMPUTER browser, not iPad. #Frustrating. 😕