Coming from Mint

Options
Jas
Jas Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Introduce yourself!

Hello - Now that Mint is shutting down, I'm shopping around for a replacement. So far there's several things Simplifi does better than Mint, such as the ability to link bills with the transaction. The rules feature is also better as I can use key words. One thing Mint does that I hope Simplify adds is carry over my over/under spending from one month to the next in the planned spending section.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe that feature is being worked on, @Jas — People have been asking for it for a long time, but the influx of mint users seems to be what was needed for them to decide to add it. The status of that request was updated today, and an 'official' post was made indicating the feature was coming yesterday.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Jas, welcome! The request for rollover abilities in the Spending Plan is here:

We are working on adding this ability to Quicken Simplifi, so please be sure to follow along for future updates!

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's great news! I'm so glad you are working on it.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @Jas

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • formerminter1
    Options

@Coach Natalie I've also just arrived from mint. I'd love for Simplify to be my new budgeting home, but the primary feature I used the most was the ability to automatically roll the excess/shortage in a given spending category automatically into the next month. Is there an estimated date for this feature to be added?

• wkpowers83
    Options

I'm coming from Mint and was using Mint since the very beginning, before Intuit purchased it. Intuit is now such down Mint, and as best I can find Quicken Simplifi is the closest match. I've not been on Simplifi for a few weeks trying to setup all my accounts and I'm finding there are features missing that were in Mint.

Apple Credit card tracking (automatically), listing my house as an asset and the value is automatically updated based on Zillow, and Kohl's Credit Cards (it's listed it doesn't work), are all items that worked or were available in Mint and now are not with Simplifi.

Being Simplifi is a paid service (where Mint was free), and both are from the same parent company, I would assume functionality would be ported over…I really hope I don't keep finding more features that Mint had that are not in Simplifi.

What is Intuit doing to ensure it's long standing Mint users have the same functionality in other Intuit products?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

We encourage any transitioning Mint users with feedback to share it here:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.