The Spending Plan is empty/isn't loading (edited)

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Report a Bug

When I try to view my October Spending Plan data, instead of October it says "null", and there is no data. November is fine. September and all previous months are fine. It's just October that is showing this, and I have no idea why.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My October spending plan is okay, I checked on web and mobile. There must be something unique about your dataset, and I suspect no one here can fix it without it being filed as a ticket and escalated.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@khad, how strange! Can you take a look at your October Spending Plan from a different browser and/or in incognito/private mode, please? If you use the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, please check there as well.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same thing in Safari and Firefox. And it isn't any better in the iOS app. The strange thing is that I can see everything just fine in the transaction view. The October data is there. It's just not being presented or parsed correctly in the Spending Plan.

[edited image to reduce size]

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It might also be worth mentioning that I have not imported any data. All the data is from accounts directly connected in Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, thanks for taking a look at those additional locations!

We'll need to get this reported as a dataset-specific bug. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. A screenshot of some transaction data from October so we can prove that there are transactions and that they're not being excluded from the Spending Plan. Maybe even also show one that's marked as Recurring (you can add the 'Recurring' and 'Exclusion' columns to your account registers to easily grab this data in one shot).
    2. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    3. The OS of the device you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

And please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I normally use Safari (17.1 [19616.2.9.11.7]) on macOS Sonoma (14.1 [23B74]), but, as mentioned, I also tested in Firefox (119.0.1 (64-bit)) and the iOS app (4.13.3) with no success.

I'm not really comfortable posting a screenshot of my transaction data here, and I don't have time to redact a screenshot at the moment. But I assure you there are transactions for October. All of them appear to be there in the transactions list, including all my recurring transactions, which are marked as such. There are no exclusions. If the screenshot is critical, please let me know. I will try to find time to redact it at some point, but we have a newborn and migrating from Mint was not something we had budgeted time to do this month.

I submitted the logs with a description of the problem and a link to this thread. 👍️

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

@khad, I think we are good without the screenshot, but I'll let you know if they end up needing it. They should be able to get what they need from your logs. I got this reported and will let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18721 / QCS-17184

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is in Safari and Firefox, so it doesn't seem to be tied to a specific browser. It had been working fine everywhere until just now.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Re: the first image shown

I had this happen, it was a thing where i needed to clear cache/cookies in my case (maybe not in your case, with two different browsers)… Using incognito/in-private mode tests whether clearing cache/cookies should fix it

Here's where I reported it:

Rob Wilkens

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Already tried clearing all website data for simplifimoney.com (cache, cookies, databases, local storage, and HSTS policy). Also tried in a private window.

The problem persists for more than 24 hours now in multiple browsers on my Mac (Sonoma 14.1 [23B74]).

Combined with the problem I'm still having for the entire month of October Spending Plan, this is not looking good for Simplifi. :(

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Spending Plan is now complete nonfunctional for me. Seeing pulsing gray blocks for the current and all future months. Seeing that plus the "null" error for all previous months. I now cannot use a primary feature of Simplifi at all in any browser.

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I should have cross-referenced this other thread in my previous comment. I think there are at least two issues going on, but it's starting to feel like there's the possibility of some interaction between the two.

[removed link to merged thread]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, I'm sorry you're seeing all of these issues with your Spending Plan in Quicken Simplifi! I let them know about the additional issues and will reach back out as soon as an update is received. In the meantime, I merged your posts, as these seem to be the same issue, or at least related.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, is this a brand new Simplifi dataset? If so, did you import your Mint data into it? Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please change the title to reflect both issues since they're merged into a single thread now? I just want to make sure that if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, they can find it in a web search if they're searching for the specific error.

Spending Plan: "Error loading data. Try again."

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm not sure what was fixed, but the Spending Plan is now fully functional for me.

• It works on the Dashboard.
    • It works in its own Spending Plan section.
    • There is no more "null" error for October (this or any year).

A huge THANKS to whoever resolved this!

I don't know if it is at all related, but now that I am able to access the Spending Plan, I see that October was not showing my Planned Spending. It's possible I deleted my recurring series from October, but I don't recall doing that. I added them back as one-time expenses, but I'd love to have a way to simply reinstate the recurring series for that month. Is that possible? Did I miss that? I can't seem to find a complete list of my recurring expense series anywhere, so I don't know how to edit them without digging through the months in Spending Plan to find a month that includes the series, then editing it from there.

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

@khad, woohoo! Yes, they updated the ticket yesterday after I had left stating that the issue should be fixed. Glad to hear that it is!

As for restoring previous data, I don't think they'd be able to accommodate this. If the Planned Spending Series' were in fact deleted, since there's no backup or restore option, we typically can't reinstate things like this. I'd suggest recreating them manually to the best of your ability for the fastest and most accurate resolution. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It was less about a backup/restore and more just reinstating the series for a month without making a one-time expense. For example, if I have a budget for groceries every month and delete it one month, the only way to get it back for that month is to create a separate one-time expense that's not part of the series.

Maybe it doesn't matter the way things are currently set up. Editing the series doesn't seem to change all months in the series (only future months?). But it would be great to be able to edit a series and apply it across all months, only future months, or only the current month. I still don't see a central way to manage the Planned Spending series.

It sounds like a feature request or two.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, definitely sounds like a couple of feature requests. 😉

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Done. Do let me know if what I've written is clear enough. I like the current viewing and editing capabilities for bills and subscriptions. I just wish "Planned Expenses" received the same treatment.

This discussion has been closed.