Options
ps56k
ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

In looking at the Transactions register -
I can see our "Pending" transaction status -
and when I edit or export some transactions, they had CLEARED in that column -
BUT the screen does not show that -

So - what can we expect to see in the STATUS column ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would consider these lack of consistency not an IDEA but rather a design flaw. BUT I could see how adding the same exact word up and down the entire column would be just screen clutter.. but the exception is ok.

so - are there only 2 entries- Pending & Cleared

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like the pending "status" field as is, and I'm pretty sure in the transaction register you can hide that field if you don't like it. I'm puzzled as to why you think it's a "design flaw." But it's not a bug and if you have an idea for a different design, create an idea post and let it collect votes

Rob Wilkens

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well - yes you can select your fields. And as I mentioned, I will agree with not having the clutter of the same word repeated, since it will only be PENDING or CLEARED

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I would consider these lack of consistency not an IDEA but rather a design flaw."

Whatever one wishes to call it, the intent of making it this kind of post is that it's the only type that users can vote on, so it's the best way allow users to record their interest in a subject.

IMO anytime you want to see a change in the software, it should be an idea post - not because it's a feature request or a bug or what have you, but it's the best way to allow users to quickly express their views. Idea posts can also be sorted and filtered by number of votes so you can see which ideas have the most interest.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

as mentioned above - it’s not really needed, as it would just clutter the screen with the same exact CLEARED text.
    In fact, since the entire grouping of PENDING transactions appears at the top, even having a STATUS field is now superfluous and not needed at all since the only values are PENDING (at top) or CLEARED (every other transaction) - but then how does a non-cleared manual entry display …

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Non-cleared manual entries display as 'PENDING' but don't have the "Appears on your statement as…" text inside of them. They are treated a little differently in balance calculations depending on whether or not your banks include 'balance with pending' or not.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.