Lake Trust Credit Union credit card transactions not showing up (edited)

Options
ffgwkljrrxje
ffgwkljrrxje Member

My LakeTrust Credit Union credit accounts show the correct balance, but none of the transactions are listed. This is problematic since keeping an eye on my purchases was one of the main reasons I've started using Simplifi.

I am able to connect my LakeTrust Credit Union account to Simplifi. And the banking and credit accounts all show up. I have no issue with the banking accounts - all transactions visible. But no transactions are showing up in the credit accounts.

Any idea what might be going on here

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue!

I'm guessing that there may be a scripting issue with credit card accounts specifically at this bank that will need to be escalated. To cover our bases first, though, please follow all of the steps in our missing transactions support article to troubleshoot this: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

If the issue persists, please provide the following info:

1. The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.

We look forward to working with you toward a resolution on this!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the response.

I have reviewed the link, but do not think any of the steps apply to me.

I have not entered any transactions in manually. I have verified that I am looking at the right accounts - I have two credit card accounts with this credit union. Both are not listing any transactions. I have verified that filters were all disabled and that no search was currently active.

If there are no further questions, I would appreciate if you could escalate this issue to support.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for going through the troubleshooting steps and posting back!

In order for this issue to be escalated, we'll need the above-requested info as follows:

1. The names of the accounts the transactions are missing from, as they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing from each account in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions for each account from the bank's website (please specify which account the transactions belong to).
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding registers in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing (please filter the page to each individual account).

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I thought these forums were public. Am I mistaken?

I'd be happy to provide that info on a private channel for the purpose of tech-support. I will attempt to send via. private message, hopefully that will work.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for providing the requested information!

Yes, this is a public forum, but I did receive your info in the private DM. I have gotten this issue escalated and will let you know as soon as I hear back. For future reference, you can also report things directly to our Support Team if you prefer a private support experience. 🙂

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10670936

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thank you. I actually didn't know how to contact support. I thought these forums were the right way to do it. I will reach out to them directly, in the future.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, I've heard back on the escalation and they need some additional details as follows:

1. Do you use a separate login or URL to access the credit card account from the bank's website?
    2. If not, what URL do you see after selecting the credit card account from the bank's website?
    3. Are you redirected to a different URL or site when selecting the credit card account from the bank's website, i.e. is this an external account?
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    5. A screenshot of the credit card account drill down from the bank's website that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

1. Looks like they are different. The main banking URL is: https://www.laketrustonline.org

2. The credit card URL is:

https://onlinebanking.firstdata.com/ecs/lake-trust-cu/home

3. Yes, looks like it is external, although they try very hard to make it look similar to the banking site. Until I paid attention to the URLs, I didn't realize it was different.

4.& 5. I've already provided the URLs above. Please let me know if a screenshot is still needed.

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, yes, we do need the screenshots. You can DM it to me for privacy if you'd like.

Also, to clarify, for question number 1 — do you use the separate URL to log into the credit card account separately, or do you log into the main URL for the bank and then see a different URL after selecting the credit card account from the bank's Account Summary page?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, were you able to take a look at this, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie Sorry. I'll DM the screen shots separately.

No, I do not use a separate URL to login to credit cards. I reach my credit card summary through my bank's account summary page (i.e. by clicking on my credit card account, in the same way that I would click on my checking or savings account). In fact, I was under the impression that it was all hosted in the same domain and didn't realize otherwise until I specifically looked at the URL bar to answer your question.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thank you!

I have resubmitted the ticket and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, it looks like they need you to perform some steps:

1. Update your online banking password at the bank's website. Please avoid the following special characters: & < > / \
    2. Navigate to Quicken Simplifi and update your password there by following these steps: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6063390-how-to-update-bank-login-information#h_76b8497825

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie Done. What should I be looking for? The Lake Trust credit card accounts are still not listing any transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for following those steps!

Now I need to resubmit the ticket to let them know it's still happening. To do so, I'd like to gather some fresh data from you:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few new example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A fresh screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, have you been able to take a look at this, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to be obstinate, but I don't see how this new information will change anything. You can just reuse my screen captures from last time as that info is still valid… the accounts page hasn't changed, and the transactions that were showing up previously are still valid transactions that I would expect to appear.

Is there some new information you need? I'd be happy to support if you can just tell me what you're looking for.

BTW, I just re-accessed Simplifi and verified that none of my credit card transactions are showing up for those accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for the reply!

Yes, that particular data was requested, and now that so much time has passed, we definitely need to be able to prove that the issue is still occurring and provide fresh data to resubmit the escalation. Looking at this again, I think we need to get one additional piece of data from you as well, so we need the following:

1. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few new example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    3. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.

Again, feel free to DM any of this to keep it private. Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie I've sent you a PM with the requested info. Please let me know if you need anything else.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks!

When viewing your screenshots, I'm seeing a drilldown from the bank's website for each of the credit card accounts. We instead need the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website with the full URL as follows:

• A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

They specifically requested the Accounts Summary page with the URL, so we need this piece of data. I'll look for your DM. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Sent in DM.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks!

I got the ticket resubmitted with the new info and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10670936

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, it looks like they need to schedule a session with you to further debug this. For me to request the session, I need the following info:

1. Confirm that the email address and phone number listed on your Quicken Simplifi Account are your best contact info.
    2. Provide your general availability over the next few weeks, and please also include your time zone with this.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

Sorry for the delay. I'll send the response in PM.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks!

I went ahead and requested the session, so please be on the lookout for an email from someone in our engineering team with a confirmed date and time.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8985

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, hey again! Can you delete and re-add the credit card accounts to see if the issue is fixed, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation. Please let us know if this is still happening for you.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

Sorry for the delay. I will give it a try ..

No, unfortunately the problem still persists.

At this point, I think I will just have to add the transactions manually. I'm not sure why this one institution is not picking up any credit card transactions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.