UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Vinorixus
    Vinorixus Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie and Simplifi team, thank you the warm welcome and receptiveness to feedback

My experience importing my mint transactions has been very painful. Not sure if it’s because I had 8200 transactions but when I imported I kept getting error. Tried 3 times, got 3 errors. I gave up and closed the import tool, found out that there are 3 complies of every account I wanted to import. It wasn’t clear if only a part of the transactions was imported every time. And linking the imported accounts to the existing accounts lead to duplicate transactions. So I gave up. I deleted all my mint imported data and decided to start fresh with Simplifi.

It’s really sad but that’s okay, I work in the industry so I know this is a very tedious and difficult problem to solve and I appreciate the effort so far.

Ask for the features, here are the three things I miss the most:

• Transactions Widget: Mint allowed me to put a widget on my phone (IOS) that showed me all the recent transactions directly on my Home Screen. It made it really easy to monitor all spending across all my different accounts/cards
    • Networth Graph View: Mint used to remember which card I’d have on my home page. So every time I open the app the first thing id see is the Networth Graph which as my favorite thing to look at. In Simplifi, I have to swap to the right a few times to see the networth and I only see the numbers, no graph. That’s annoying UX for me
    • Remembering categorization: In mint, it remembered that my transfers from one checking account to the other and just transfers and not spending/cash/atm after I marked them once. For some reason Simplifi still considers it spending when I transfer form one of my checking accounts to the other. I have to change the categorization every time

Other than that, there’s a lot to love about Simplifi. So thank you all! 😊

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Vinorixus - Welcome to Simplifi.

I feel your pain with the Mint imports. I managed to make them work with some patience and time. I ended up importing most transactions to two manual accounts not linked to any current account with the account name in the notes. I got income, expenses, broad expense groups (Groceries), and tag totals matching to the penny to Mint by year.

Regarding your feature requests:

Widgets - the request is open, check it out.

Net worth graph - post your feedback in the net worth discussion

Remembering categorization - check out making rules for transactions. The rules work in Simplifi, I could not get rules working correctly in Mint. More info here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4792733-how-to-use-transaction-rules

Minter 2014-2023

• Bread01
    Bread01 Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

I'm a 12 year Mint user. Simplifi is lacking a critical requirement for me and something that Mint had that I need. It is necessary for the Net Income Report to include a table summary with Income, Expense (or spend), and Net Income totals by month. An example of the Mint report is included in the screenshot below.

This report is important to me because I do not have the time or interest in using Simplifi's budgeting features. Instead, I rely on monthly net income as an indicator of my net savings for the month. Periodic monitoring of my monthly expenses and net income allow me to also monitor my monthly savings without having to invest time in budgeting or utilizing a lot of other features that I do not have the time for. The table also allows me to quickly understand trends and drivers of trends in changes to net income and savings. A significant amount of the information I need is all provided on this single summary table.

If Simplifi added this type of Net Income summary table, I would be happy to continue my subscription. If this is something that isn't going to be implemented soon, I am going to continue to evaluate other alternatives to use after Mint goes away.

Simplifi User Since February 2024

Mint User Since 2011

User Type: Monitor Net Income and Grow Net Worth

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Thanks for sharing and posting a feature request linked below.

Also, the mobile app lists net income by month with all the net income numbers listed in a list. You still need to enter the date range. That may be helpful in the meantime.

Minter 2014-2023

• Vinorixus
    Vinorixus Member
    Options

Thank you @UrsulaA!

I have added my feedback to the widgets discussion and the networth graph discussion!

As for the transaction rules, I’ve used them and they work great! The only things I’d like to suggest is to highlight the checkbox to apply the change as a rule at least the first time the user opens the interface because it was very easy to miss and I didn’t notice it until I was actively looking for it :)

Thank you so much!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I enjoyed reading your post. Quicken has a 30-day money back guarantee for an annual subscription purchase.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412542-how-do-i-cancel-and-request-a-refund-for-my-quicken-simplifi-subscription

My experience was like yours, I tried Monarch, Pocket Guard, and Lunch Money. Simplifi fits my needs best. Even though the rules could have more complex criteria in Simplifi, at least they work here (unlike Mint rules, which did not work for me).

Minter 2014-2023

• OMG HI
    OMG HI Member
    Options

I agree about the rules. There are also some other features that would greatly improve it like making all accounts sort in balance descending order or allow us to pick instead of just alphabetical. Working on supporting other institutions or banks that work well in other aggregating platforms but here they simply say it's not supported due to institution not allowing aggregation (which we know is a lie since other platforms do it just fine).

But I really love that this WORKS. I have been on it for only 3 weeks now and only seen 1 alert that an account needed attention and when I clicked try again it just worked. This is huge for me to know my accounts are working and I can actually see what's happening across all 20+ accounts.

So far, I'm absolutely loving it here and hope it continues to improve and more features added. I saw many feature requests that make so much sense and also noticed they release periodic updates to online and mobile releases which is amazing and tells us they are constantly improving the platform.

I live my life one line of code at a time…

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - could you address this comment by @OMG HI "Working on supporting other institutions or banks that work well in other aggregating platforms but here they simply say it's not supported due to institution not allowing aggregation (which we know is a lie since other platforms do it just fine)." ?

Is is possible for banks to block certain aggregators but not others?

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, I'm honestly not sure. That may be a question that's better directed to the bank. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like good advise for users to follow. Thanks!

Minter 2014-2023

• TedPoch
    Options

Sorry, I don't have enough time to be more specific.

But wow, just switched over this week, and Simplifi is leagues better than Mint ever was. Give your product people and engineers raises! Yesterday!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Update to my prior comment: Simplifi allows more than 5 years of transactions and balance history in reports in the web app. The feature came a few weeks into 2024. Thank you Simplifi Team! I imported my Mint data since 2014 and now can see it reported on the web app. The mobile app always went back to the earliest transaction in reports.

Minter 2014-2023

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ideally, similar to Mint, you could just select "All Time" and it just would remember our settings in the reports. I guess manually entering them works too but it's more of a pain then just having that option.

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you to all the Simplifi folks and coaches for the improvements. The product is getting better and you are listening to your feedback. Keep it up.

You ain’t Nvidia but you’re rocking’

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Apple has started allowing third-party budgeting apps to access Apple Card, Apple Cash, and Saving. With the change at least three apps have already gained access to the data, including [removed]. What about Simplifi?

• EugenePHD
    Options

After over 10 years with Mint, I find Simplifi more-or-less be sufficient with some features still lacking.

1. I feel like this is a bug, but I am not logged out of the web session for weeks. I would prefer to be automatically logged out after 1-2 hrs.
    2. I would like to be able to customize dashboard better (selecting categories/graphs I want, like Net Income instead of one for Income and another for Spending with different scales, so it is impossible to compare unless you hover the mouse over to see the numbers).
    3. All accounts and their categories have the same color and font (size is marginally different). Can't you make categories in different color and/or bold and/or add space, so you clearly see categories separated?
    4. Like one of the prior posts, I'd like Net Spending report to show one bar for spending and income with a point showing above/below 0 instead of 2 bars next to each other.
    5. Add timestamp on the dashboard for when the account (or, to not crowd the accounts section, one for all accounts) was refreshed. When I look at the dashboard I have no idea if the data is stale or fresh.
    6. I also liked Mint's dashboard graph comparing spending to prior month, although not as important.

• jdpottle
    jdpottle Member
    Options

I'm in Canada and have successfully added accounts from CIBC, Simplii, and TD Canada Trust

• banktang
    banktang Member
    Options

Hi, I'm a former Mint user (RIP) and I'm hoping the product team can give insight into whether some features I really miss from Mint are being considered or will eventually be rolled out, and what the timeline for that might look like:

1. automated spending goals
      1. the ability to select multiple accounts for one savings goal, and then progress automatically is tied to the amount in those accounts. Alternatively, the ability to link transactions to contributions/withdrawals from a goal. There's no reason quicken savings goals should be more low tech than me, an excel spreadsheet, and some formulas.
    2. the ability to set a budget in the spending plan that covers multiple categories
      1. I think the current category-based planned spending tab operates from the misconception that people budget in terms of, "well if I overspend on dining this month, I'll spend correspondingly less on dining next month." Am I the only person that does monthly zero sum budgeting? If I overspend in one category, I'm underspending in a different category in the same month. Mint had a feature where I could set an "everything else" budget that accounted for all my non-fixed, discretionary spending. I'd like to be able to do that in the spending plan.
    3. asset valuation
      1. my car used to be able to link directly to kelley blue book, and the value would be up-to-date with whatever they said. that was nice.
    4. rolling 12 date filter
      1. currently the date filter options in reports are "this month, last month, last 3 months, last 6 months, this year, last year." I'd also like a "last 12 months" option. Yes I can manually set the dates, but why take the extra step when a button can do it :)
    5. editing tags on multiple transactions
      1. currently, it seems like I can add tags to multiple transactions at once, but can't remove them from multiple transactions at once? I don't see the ability to "clear tag" when I click the edit button. Maybe I'm just not seeing it - does that feature exist?
    6. setting rules for tags
      1. I actually don't remember if Mint had this, but it would be nice to add! Currently you can set rules for specific payees or categories, but I'd also like the ability to set tag rules - for example, "all transactions from x payee or in y category are assigned to z tag."

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@banktang

2-A) You could do this by rearranging your categories and subcategories for transactions. If everything you want in that "everything else" bucket is a subcategory of the same "Discretionary Spending" category you can then set it as a planned spending area.