Favorites Group at the top of the Accounts List (edited)

Options
Philk
Philk Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

I have so many accounts, that viewing it in its current form is too busy and distracting. I've seen others suggest hiding some accounts, which could be a solution if it did not hide them completely.

I don't like that the accounts are grouped by account type. If there was an option to ungroup the accounts that could be a solution, where accounts could be renamed and listed in alphabetical order.

But possibly a better option would be a favorites group of accounts pinned to the top of the list with all the accounts of my choice, so I can focus on the ones that matter to me and not have to sift through all of my other accounts that are active but insignificant most of the time.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I responded to another post where hiding accounts was requested.

I proposed the following as a potential solution:

If you are familiar with Microsoft Outlook, they use a favorite at the top, see attached. I have multiple email accounts and want to see the inbox at the top for each so I don't have to scroll through all the clutter of folders etc.

Same problem exist in Simplifi …accounts grouped by type, mixed with accounts that are seldom used but want to monitor or otherwise keep.

I hope my example here resonates with the intention of those who want hide accounts…but maybe highlighting important accounts is another way tackling the problem, by pushing them down, but not out.

Think of the folders as accounts in this example:

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Philk

Thanks for creating this Idea Post. That is the best way to get Simplifi to consider new ideas and features.

Till this gets considered, one thing you might try is adding emojis to your account names. To do it you’ll likely have to edit them from Mobile (Mobile App > Settings > Accounts > Three Dots by Account > Edit Account).

With a little trial and error about where to place your emojis, it lets you do something like this…

This is where your add them…

That really helped me to quickly find specific accounts.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This, to me, seems like a related idea that already collected 46 votes, if you want to add your vote/comment, do it here:

Rob Wilkens

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Rob, thanks for the link and suggestion.

I'm starting to think the suggestions fall on deaf ears. This suggestion is 3.5 years old. I've seen others for linking asset values with Zillow & Kelly Bluebook…features that are no brainers and used by others such as Mint, Empower, and Schwab.

Cheers!

-Phil-

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Flopbot…Emojis do help. Still would like to see more flexibility in sorting accounts.

Great tip…Thanks!

-Phil-

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine is my regular checking account. I would like to be able to find it faster in the account list by highlighting it, making it bold or a different color. Not sure what, but so I can find it faster in my accounts list.

It's not a biggie and maybe it is just because I am old and my vision is going, or maybe because I have always been so impatient.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Check out @Flopbot post above…Helped me.

-Phil-

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Philk I have done so now. Thanks. I wouldn't have posted if I knew this existed. I did a search before I suggested a favorite account.

Thanks to Flopbot too. I put a ★ next to my Checking Account. Thanks for that suggestion. I am ashamed that I didn't think of that workaround myself.

It appears few are interested in a favorites feature. 😀 I also upvoted reorganizing accounts feature request.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@SRC54 I appreciate the support.

There are so many more good things about Simplifi than there are flaws in functionality or disfunction in organizing the data.

I'm currently on a 90-day trial, giving Simplifi a go primarily because they have a very dear feature that I have not found elsewhere…Bill Connect. Though this feature is half-baked as are several other parts of simplifi…I'm willing to support it, with the expectation I will see a commitment by the company behind it that they are striving for the same things as their customers.

This feature request has 3 votes in 4 days since I posted it over a holiday weekend…even some very good suggestions with over 40 exist after 3 years continue to gain support…let's hope it doestn't take 3 more years to get some organization that helps us.

-Phil-