Quicken as a gift to kids

Options
DatabaseNinja
DatabaseNinja Member
edited December 2023 in Getting Started

Good afternoon,

I saw mention of this in December, 2022 in a discussion here but didn't know if it went anywhere in the past year. I have two children where I would like to gift them each their own Simplifi subscription. But, here are the criteria:

- I would like to enjoy the current 'Sales' promo that is going on for a gift
- I would like to be able to set up the account without them knowing about it. I have access to their emails (to receive/hide confirmation emails) but not their phones if that was required.
- I would like to do this closer to Christmas (delayed activation) vs. buying it a month ahead of time and having a month pass without them using it.

Any chance something like this exists or do I need to create my own 'gift card' and hope there is a sale going on around Christmas?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DatabaseNinja, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you can just set up a Quicken Simplifi Subscription for each of your kids using their unique email addresses. Since the Subscription is tied to the email address, I don't think a phone number is required. And if all of the email addresses used have never had a Quicken Simplifi Subscription, you can even take advantage of our Black Friday 50% off deal and will be able to do so for each individual Subscription.

I'd also suggest adding your vote and feedback to our existing request for the ability to gift a Subscription if you think it may help out with your situation:

Let us know how things work out for you!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

just following along - even after you create a new Quicken Simplifi account (email ID + password) for each of them - you will just be looking at a blank/empty dashboard - as you would need to still Add Accounts -

This discussion has been closed.