PenFed - Getting 102 errors about 1 week

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

For the last week…

I've been seeing a red exclamation point next to:

If I tap it, I see:

I just want to check whether "we're seeing a rise in 102 errors from penfed" or if I'm doing something wrong.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting this FDP-102 error as well.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RobWilk and @Dillon,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide a little more information? When did you first notice this problem? Is this happening only with accounts that were already connected, or are you also getting this error when trying to add or reconnect an account?

Please try resetting your account(s) with this financial institution by following the directions in this article: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I did (thinking back) change my PenFed password in Late October and don't recall if I ever updated it in Quicken Simplifi. (This was an existing account that was working fine (mostly) for over a year.) Like I said in the original post, it was about a week ago I first noticed it.

However, when I reset, I get the following after a loooooooooooooooooooong delay

Rob Wilkens

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Kristina,

I'm new to simplifi, and signed up on 11/15. I was able to connect my PenFed account that day. I don't know exactly when it stopped working, but my most recent transactions are from 16th, so I would assume around the 17th it stopped working. I have tried a few times resetting the connection with no luck. I've also noticed that there are two Penfeds listed in the search but neither seem to work.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RobWilk and/or @Dillon, can you provide us with the name of the account the error is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi, please? I'd like to get this escalated.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie if you scroll up to the first message, I provided that in a screenshot (yes, I have a complicated account name in Simplifi).

EDIT: If you need to know my account name contains the account nickname, the statement date, the credit limit, and the APR. I do something similar for most credit card accounts.

-Rob

EDIT: I also have this mandatory account I don't use:

Rob Wilkens

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I have multiple accounts and types. Please see the screenshot below:

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk & @Dillon, thank you! I have gotten both of your cases escalated and will post back as soon as there's an update.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10612579 / EWC-10612609

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This may be related, but on CreditKarma I'm getting "(103)" errors for PenFed. I say may be related because they are an intuit service, and this is probably using an intuit connection.

Rob Wilkens

• ScuubyT
    ScuubyT Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I've seen some comments about issues with PenFed but not much recently. Can anyone tell me if Simplifi works with PenFed? I've been trying to link my accounts and it keeps failing with an error code "Care: to.100".

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Usually, yes .. in the last week there have been issues. I get the same error.

Rob Wilkens

• ScuubyT
    Options

Thanks. that makes me feel better.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is where we reported it

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, this came back as a known issue. We have a new Alert that can be followed for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• MHedish
    MHedish Member
    Options

This actually broke back on 11/16/23. PenFed dropped Quicken support... again. With no warning whatsoever, they removed .QFX as an option on their download page. No more Express Web Connect for Quicken Classic either.

I sent an e-mail directly to Brad Patterson, one of their SVPs and “Head of Cards,” back on 11/21/23, but he has yet to respond.

This is the second time in two years, PenFed has intentionally broken Quicken/Mint/Simplifi support.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@MHedish If you find out they won't have Quicken support, let me know, I might close my PenFed card. It's (for now) my best APR, but it has no rewards, so I rarely use it. If they support Fincity, maybe I'll wait to see if Quicken Simplifi's support will hit my account (some Quicken Simplifi accounts already have Fincity support).

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just found out that PenFed works (it's slow, but it works) with a service (aggregator?) called "MX". I found out because I have a BestEgg sign in (former account) and they have a money management thing on their website which uses MX to connect to PenFed, it downloaded my most recent transacitons (Nov. 22). I know they're experimenting with FinCity and maybe Plaid here, has MX entered the conversation?

Rob Wilkens

• MHedish
    MHedish Member
    Options

@RobWilk I called support to follow-up on my open ticket. Finally had an agent admit they no longer support Quicken.

There are so many things wrong with the way they've handled this.

o No advance notice at all.

o Ill-informed support staff. I've been told that “OFX” is the same format (it's not).

o No response to any inquiry. No one followed up on the ticket, nor did the “executive” respond to my e-mail (he did previously).

o Stating the QFX format is “screen scraping” as the reason they no longer support, yet it's available for checking/savings accounts, just not credit cards.

Seems they just don't want to pay the fees associated with supporting Quicken's format. They're tripping over dollars to pick up pennies.

I was using their cards as my “daily driver.” No more. I'm not going to close the accounts as I don't want to affect my credit score but their credit cards are now relegated to sitting in a drawer. I'll use them to buy a cup of coffee once a year just to keep the credit line active.

• GRC888
    Options

I sent in a support ticket for this as well. This is the response from their customer support.

Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended.

• youjustgottadrum
    edited December 2023
    Options

I can't connect to my PenFed GOLD Credit Card, very frustrating. Apple is the same until they get a new backer banker. It's 2023 and we are STILL facing the same issues we faced with MSFT Money back in 2000. [removed - profanity]

There needs to be a ratified framework all financial institutes must comply with so we can have portals to manage our stuff.

• adamant
    adamant Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I understand that [removed] users currently have no connection issues with PenFed. I wonder what aggregator [removed] uses? Maybe Quicken could use it too?

• Dognose
    Dognose Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI, The FTC is currently writing regulations for "open banking" to resolve exactly this issue. Fingers-crossed the rule-making goes smoothly.

• occasl
    occasl Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same issue for over a month now. Luckily I don't use this card too often, but still frustrating. Hopefully it gets worked out.

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie FYI… I logged back into MINT for the first time in awhile and PenFed transactions are updating there.

• adamant
    Options

Same experience as Dillon.

Penfed is working at Mint with up-to-date transactions. Simplifi is still throwing an error: "We are unable to connect to Pentagon Federal Credit Union at this time."

• adamant
    Options

Actually, never mind my last comment. At last, Penfed and Simplifi synched today. Hope it stays that way!

• Construct5292
    Options

Same - I was finally able to connect PenFed and SimpliFi today.

• Dillon
    Dillon Member ✭✭
    Options

Oh, you guys are right. I had to reconnect my accounts (likely because they were disconnected due to a failed reconnect attempt already), but once I did they updated. This is great news. Thanks!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie PenFed seems to be working for most of us now, will you mark the alert as resolved or are we anticipating more issues yet.

I hope it's fixed somewhat for the longer term because I just opened up a new PenFed Rewards credit card (my best APR with rewards). I anticipate making this my main credit card.

Rob Wilkens

• tom m
    tom m Member
    Options

I was Unable to connect to PENFED last year 2023 using MINT; they finally got it fixed.

Same issue this month since I joined SImplifi.

I have been told to be patient, and that SImplifi is working the issue.

My majority of money actions come through the PENFED.

It would be nice for resolution sooner than later.

This discussion has been closed.