Steal as many features from Mint as you can :)

Jarredmt
Jarredmt Member
edited December 2023 in Feedback

A few features I would love to see that Mint can do.

a graph of my net worth on the dashboard

The ability to mark an upcoming bill as paid.

A real time amount due from my CCs.

Everyone is doing this but maybe a credit score report.

Comments

• the_scottster
    the_scottster Member ✭✭✭

Sincerest form of flattery, as they say! :)

Long time Mint user jumping into Simplifi-world!

• Especially please steal/copy the Budgets feature in Mint. I'm flabbergasted that a similar Budget feature does not exist in Simplifi. I have to do a lot of work around in Simplifi to get something close to the Budgets feature in Mint, which is such a nuisance 😵

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally couldn't stand mint, I thought it was a horrible service. I tried using it and thought it was awful, especially if you entered manual transactions, the interface was awkward to use, and I could never really enter recurring bills or see how that affected my balance in the future. On top of that, I think Mint was free because it sold all my banking information/transactions to third parties, I would prefer not too many people look at my spending.

But if you were used to using it, and suddenly it went away, that would be difficult. I'm sure the Quicken folks will make their best effort to make you comfortable and give you whatever features make sense, but there are a lot of requests here — and it feels like we can usually expect about 1 major new feature [something with an interface change] no more often than roughly every 3 months (based on my 2-3 years experience in this forum using Quicken Simplifi formerly Simplfi). But yes, about every 2 weeks you get minor changes and bug fixes.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

There are plenty of apps that use the old budgeting model found in Mint including Quicken Classic. Quicken Simplifi offers a new and refreshing approach to personal money management and is worth taking the time to learn the advantages of this refreshing approach.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • I don't mind learning the new approach to budgeting that is set in Simplifi. But if the new budgeting approach in Simplifi is confusing, does not help me budget or achieve my goals, and also takes extra effort; then I rather stick to the traditional budgeting method that Mint, Monarch, NYAB, etc are using.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

It's not confusing, it's just different (for me, it's better). If it's confusing, it's because you're trying to treat it like a traditional budget - imagine a toddler trying to stick a square peg into a round hole and wondering why it's not working. Ask questions if you want support from the community, we're willing to help you understand. I see you keep mentioning other apps (and mis-spelling one), I will say if you prefer using them, no one's stopping you from using them. I tried those other apps, for me, Simplifi is the only acceptable web-based app. (I still like Quicken Classic, but its companion app wasn't great in the way it synced when I last used it about 3 years ago).

Rob Wilkens

• For me, the "Spending Plan" in Simplify is confusing because it needlessly re-invents the wheel for the budgeting method that completely deviates from the rest of the competitors and alienates a large number of users who are coming from other platforms. I want to see if Simplifi actually listens to their new users who came from another platform, or if Simplifi just simply forces their "new" method of budgeting down many people's throats like you suggested. At least I voice my concern that Simplifi's approach to budgeting is unnatural to many users from other platforms. So I and users from other platforms give Simplifi the benefit of the doubt before abandoning the ship and starting to use other products.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm reading my last post and trying to figure out where I "suggested" that "Simplifi forces their 'new' method of budgeting down many people's throats." I will say if, hypothetically, they decided to add a traditional budget and made that a top priority, I don't think you'd see it in under three months based on the development times.

I couldn't easily find an existing 'idea' post requesting a traditional budget, if you don't find one, you can try creating your own idea post, and it will collect votes to change how it works. I would expect some users would vote it down, but some would vote it up.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭

Those of us who see value in Simplifi's budgeting approach would argue that it "distinguishes" it from competitors. If you prefer the way competitors do it (which I personally would characterize as old, outdated, and not terribly well-suited to the goal of budgeting) then using one of the competitors is probably your best option.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Honestly, seeing how you respond in this community now opens my eyes to why Simplifi has very low ratings on both mobile app stores compared to competitors. Every suggestions I and other people made to help Simplifi become more competitive with other platforms, you will immediately gaslight those ideas. I hope you are not speaking on the behalf of Simplifi because that’s very concerning to say the least.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have ideas, create an idea post, and it can be voted on. No one will stop you.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭

@i_miss_mint I'm glad that you're so passionate about what you want. However, I'm just pointing out that Simplifi was specifically created and designed to not be like Mint or other apps of its kind. If you want something like Mint, there are options that are closer to your needs than you are likely to ever find in Simplifi.

And, of course, I speak on behalf of myself, no one else.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• In my point of view, Simplifi should have a better budget design that resonates with users from other platforms. Especially when competitors have more users and their apps also have a consistently high rating on both mobile app stores.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed @RobWilk and @ajbopp .

I personally tried Mint twice and occasionally logged in outside of those two attempts just to see if anything had changed. To me, the UI was ugly, the adds were annoying (and somewhat creepy), and the menu structure ungainly. Added to that, the maker was Intuit who I’ve come to loath as a company.

Speaking for myself, I don’t want to turn Simplifi into just another Mint. I’ve tried using that app and couldn’t stand it.

Sorry to all the new Minters out there, we’re sorry for what your going through, but happy to have you here.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Jarredmt, thanks for sharing your suggestions with the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as some of the items you mentioned already have existing requests, so you'd want to add your vote and feedback there instead. You also only want to request and outline one individual item per Idea post so that each item can be voted on accordingly. Additionally, the ability to receive updated amounts for credit cards is already available via Bill Connect: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

Here's an existing request for a Net Worth tile on the Dashboard:

Here's an existing request for the ability to mark Recurring Reminders as "Paid":

Here's an existing request for a credit score:

For any additional requests, please create a separate Idea post in accordance with our guidelines here:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jarredmt Sorry that I and others got caught up in @i_miss_mint 's hijacking of this conversation. I apologize for my own part in that and am thankful that @Coach Natalie didn't get sidetracked and was able to give you some action steps. I'm starting to get the feeling that i_miss_mint is trolling us here in the Q-Simplifi community. 😏

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.