Why Bill Connect Fails

Options
Philk
Philk Member ✭✭✭
edited January 17 in Feedback

If a biller is not supported, why am I given an opportunity to connect only to get the following message: "We're working on linking T-Mobile. We'll let you know if we need anything else."

Please see @RobWilk message in this discussion:

He makes a valid point.

You have been promoting false hope for T-Mobile customers for nearly a year, at least. Either your engineers are completely inept at performing the task at hand or there are deceptive intentions at play to foster hope and causing a futile waste of time for your customers.

So, we ask you: Why is a biller listed, as available biller, if you are still working on it?

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Philk, thanks for the inquiry!

To clarify, we use a service provider for Bill Connect. That service provider (and the Billers themselves) decides who and how things get listed in Quicken Simplifi for Bill Connect. If a Biller is available but returns a message stating that we're working on linking them, then that means our service provider is working on establishing that connection. I don't think it's to instill false hope but to rather educate users and let them know that the issue is known and being worked on.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Crownmountain
    Options

T-Mobile started working for me yesterday. I was also very happy that Paymentus is working for my local water bill, Thanks!😁

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like to happily report that I was given an opportunity for 2FA, and have successfully connected T-Mobile as a Biller.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

It may be connected, but it doesn't work.

I've been so frustrated, with the lack of functionality in Simplifi…That I started a new 30-day trial of Quicken Classic, thinking that if I started from scratch and a fresh install…that I'd get a better result…Nope. Still can't get data for one of my credit cards…but have no problem getting it on Simplifi. Several other issues…too many for me to continue with the trial, I will be requesting a refund.

I mentioned all that for a reason…Simplifi is doing a lot of good things… but is falling short in several areas…one being this issue with Bill Connect.

What really frost my [removed - profanity], is that Quicken Classic worked flawlessly getting my T-Mobile Bill, with the correct due date and Bill amount, and Simplifi just connects, with wrong data.

Crazy how two products from the same company have features that work in one but not the other…one thing is clear. Every single product by Quicken Inc. is riddled with problems.

-Phil-

• tragicview
    Options

Natalie, what do you suggest for accounts that connected flawlessly when setting up Simplifi, but now no longer work? I have tried "reconnecting" several times for all three of them and they fail each time. Is it a matter of your bill provider getting eventually getting their act together or is there another possible solution. I'm not as frustrated as Phil, but I'm getting there…

Tim

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@tragicview @Coach Natalie

I'd like to give an update to my post regarding T-Mobile connecting but not working. There appears to be a delay in updating the bill in Simplifi, from what is showing on T-Mobiles website. My bill did finally update with the correct amount and date. Not sure why it doesn't update as soon as its available online.

As for going back to Quicken Classic… that experiment lasted less than a day. Classic has far too many deal breakers for me to go back.

Simplifi, despite the existing problems and lack of certain functionality is superior to classic and is currently the leading candidate for my personal finance app going forward.

I'm not holding my breath for promised features, as many of them are years old.

-Phil-

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tragicview, I'd suggest creating a separate thread to outline the issue you're experiencing so it can be properly looked at.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.